Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Jan. 9: Police assisted the Ohio State Highway Patrol by detaining an impaired RV driver until a trooper arrived. The trooper completed the arrest because the impaired driver was originally spotted on I-70.
• Jan. 10: A burglar damaged a door to break into a Rosebraugh Circle home. The burglar only took a television set, but since the house was empty, the damaged door caused the home to become cold, freezing and ultimately bursting a water line that caused significant water damage.
• Jan. 10: An officer observed a Nissan with tags that expired in 2015. The vehicle was stopped and the officer discovered the tags were supposed to be on a Cadillac. The driver said his license was suspended for failure to pay child support. The driver was cited for driving under suspension, and illegal plates.
• Jan. 10: A 5th Street man said a van was illegally parked on his property.
• Jan. 12: A Dollar General employee reported a shoplifting incident. The employee confronted the thief, who pushed the employee to the side and fled the scene. Surveillance video recorded the incident, which is under investigation.
• Jan. 12: A driver was cited for traveling 46 in a 35 miles per hour zone.
• Jan. 13: Police assisted Hebron Police with a traffic stop.
• Jan. 13: A Hebron man said several people chased him with a knife after an attempted sale of stereo equipment to 1st Street residents didn’t go as planned.
• Jan. 14: A Walnut Road man said he awoke to find an unknown woman sitting on his couch. He told her to leave, which she did, but the man later found medication and a checkbook were missing. The woman was later identified.
• Jan. 14: Police assisted a Buckeye Lake squad with a person having a strong reaction to medication.
• Jan. 15: A Walnut Road woman said her soon to be ex-daughter in law took her vehicle without permission.
• Jan. 15: A driver was cited for driving under suspension.
• Jan. 15: An accident caused minor damage to a Buckeye Lake fire truck. There were no other vehicles involved.
• Jan. 17: A Walnut Road man reported his dog stolen. Neighbors said the dog was running loose through the neighborhood. The dog returned home safely.
• Jan. 17: Police assisted Union Township Police in an attempt to arrest a person with a warrant out of Muskingum County. The person ran away from police and into a wooded area. As of Jan. 17, the suspect remained at large.
• Dec. 10: Police took an information report at a Refugee Street residence.
• Dec. 13: Police took a report on a hit-skip complaint at the Millersport United Methodist Church.
• Dec. 20: A driver was cited for going 40 mph in a 20 mph school zone.
• Dec. 24: A driver was cited for driving on a suspended license and expired tags.
• Dec. 24: Police took a motor vehicle report for a suspended license.