Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Aug. 9: A Central Avenue woman said a man attempted to abduct her at the North Shore Boat Ramp. She said an older white man approached her, told her how pretty she was, and then took her by the arm to his vehicle where he had her get in and shut the door. She said as soon as he shut his door, she jumped out of the vehicle and ran home. She said the man was roughly 40 to 50 years old and drove an older model, dark color, Subaru station wagon. All local law enforcement agencies were provided the vehicle and suspect descriptions.
• Aug. 9: A village employee turned in a wallet he found while working.
• Aug. 9: A W. 1st Street woman said a man refused to leave another’s property. The man left the area when police were called.
• Aug. 9: Police received a complaint of a juvenile girl striking another juvenile girl. The parents were advised of the situation and the juveniles were advised to stay away from each other or the matter would be sent to juvenile court.
• Aug. 10: Police were dispatched to a Rosebraugh Circle residence to settle a neighbor dispute. Parties were advised.
• Aug. 10: Police were dispatched to a North Bank Road residence on a report of an at-large dog. An invisible fence had malfunctioned. Parties were advised.
• Aug. 10: Officer identified and contacted a man at the Duke service station who may have a warrant for his arrest. While the officer was retrieving the man’s information, the suspect fled into a field behind the Taco Bell. Union Township Police assisted in apprehending the man, who was transported to jail for the warrant and also charged with obstructing justice.
• Aug. 13: A Newark driver was cited for reckless operation and driving under suspension. His wife was charged with wrongful entrustment, or allowing her husband to drive her car when she knew his license was suspended.
• Aug. 14: A W. 4th Street woman was receiving harassing texts from her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend. She was advised to seek a restraining order. Charges are pending and the investigation is ongoing.
• Aug. 14: Police transported a person wanted on an arrest warrant to jail.
• Aug. 14: A Hebron Road resident was cited for throwing water on the roadway.
• Aug. 14: Five drivers were each cited for “peeling tires.”
• Aug. 14: Police were dispatched to an Elliott Street residence on a report of a possible fight. The officer found two brothers working on a car on their own property. They were intoxicated and speaking loudly, but there was no fight.