Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Jan. 23: Police took a report on a non-injury accident on South Main Street.
• Jan. 23: Police responded to a report of an assault in a school lunchroom. A report was taken and sent to the juvenile prosecutor for possible charges.
• Jan. 23: Police took a report of harassment from a North Company Street resident.
• Jan. 24: Police assisted a mo- torist in a disabled vehicle near the Baltimore Market IGA.
• Jan. 24: Police were called to a South Basil Street address on a report of threats. A report was taken.
• Jan. 25: Police assisted at a Dorchester Street home on a reported carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Jan. 27: Police responded to an alarm drop at J. Gumbo’s. Everything checked secure.
• Jan. 26: An officer accompanied a Buckeye Lake Water Department employee to a West 3rd Street water customer’s home where the customer reconnected water service after the water department shut it off for non-payment. The officer noticed a truck at the residence with expired tags that belonged to another vehicle. No one answered the door, but the officer later stopped the truck on the road, which was occupied by the truck’s owner and the water customer. The water customer was cited for theft of utilities and the truck owner was cited for illegal and expired license plates.
• Jan. 27: A W. 2nd Street man reported stolen trailer tags.
• Jan. 29: Police stopped a Newark man who was suspected of stealing white rope from the Buckeye Lake Hardware store. The man was tying an item to his vehicle with white rope. He first denied stealing the rope but later confessed. The hardware store did not press charges but the man was found to be driving under suspension and was cited.
• Jan. 29: A driver was cited for traveling 54 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 29: A driver was cited for traveling 46 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 29: A driver was cited for traveling 46 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 29: A driver was cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 29: A Beacon Light Lane man said someone broke into his unlocked vehicle and stole several items.
• Dec. 30: Two motorists were cited for going 67 mph and 72 mph respectively in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at U.S. 40.
• Dec. 30: An 18-year old driver was cited for squealing tires to the point of almost losing control turning from Enterprise Drive onto to North High Street.
• Dec. 31: A driver was cited for a traffic light violation at Ohio 79 and Enterprise Drive.
• Jan. 1: A North Street resident reported getting prank calls and text messages from an unknown subject. The number coming up was here stepmother’s number, but the voice was a male’s. Police spoke to her stepmother who said no one had been using her phone. The calls couldn’t be traced.