HEBRON – Lakewood School District board members opened their May 24 meeting with an executive or closed session to review negotiations on new contracts with district employees.
Contract discussions are continuing. Superintendent Mary Kay Andrews told The Beacon there is nothing to report at this time. Board members also discussed the 5.24 mill emergency levy that expires in 2018, but did not take any action on its renewal or replacement.
Board members approved an Amendment to Agreement with Jobes Henderson for engineering/ design services for the new stadium that increases the cost by no more than $28,800 to a maximum of $178,800.
Lakewood’s foreign exchange students – from Italy, Bolivia, Sweden, Brazil, Japan and Germany – made a presentation to board members during the meeting.
Service awards were announced for Lakewood employees;
• 10 Years of Service: Kim Carroll, Lisa Davis, Valerie Demaline, Lindsay Fawcett, Ryan Grubb, Jennifer McNichols, Timothy Owen, Michelle Painter, Candy Passwaters, Philip Sikorski and Jack Ward.
• 20 Years of Service: Kimberly Biddle, Brian Cooperrider, Cara Ettenhoffer, Tracey Gray, James Mason, Cathy Small, Pamela
Swart and Cathy White.
• 30 Years of Service: Pamela Weekley.
Two teacher resignations were approved: 1st grade teacher Devon Hatem and high school science teacher Brian Rohig. School lunch prices will increase from $2.75 to $2.80 for next school year.
Three administrator contracts were approved:
• High school principal Stacey Stein for two years;
• Hebron principal Dee Martindale for three years; and
• High School Assistant Principal Kevin Krier for five years.
Non-coaching supplemental contracts for 2017-18 school year were approved:
• Valerie Kieffer and Philip Sikorski as LHS guidance counselors;
• Janessa Castle as LHS year book advisor;
• Martha Fickle as LHS Fall and Spring play director;
• Ryan Grubb as LHS vocal music/chorus director;
• Jared Halter as LHS Band Auxiliary advisor;
• Michelle Duncan and Amanda Ewing as LHS junior class advisors;
• Valerie Kieffer and Cheryl Lapp as LHS as shared senior class advisors;
• Laura Nice as LHS student council advisor;
• Terri McKenzie as LHS FCCLA advisor;
• Sharon Smith as LHS Honor Society advisor; and • Lauren Taylor as LHS PALS advisor.
Coaching supplemental contracts approved were:
• Craig Conley, varsity football head coach;
• Erick Herzberg, varsity girls basketball head coach;
• Scott Cummins, varsity assistant girls basketball;
• Lynde Webster, high school football and basketball cheer advisor;
• Daniel Sekerak, varsity boys cross country head coach;
• Brett Vermillion, varsity girls cross county head coach;
• Mark Edwards, Shawn Ziegler, and Jonathon Stickradt, varsity assistant football coaches;
• Rob Engler, varsity boys golf head coach;
• Frank Marshall, varsity boys soccer head coach;
• Brittany Baker, varsity girls soccer head coach;
• Sharon Adams, varsity volleyball head coach;
• Roger Atwood, varsity wrestling head coach;
• Rex Sponhaltz, Lakewood MS athletic events supervisor;
• Stephanie Allman, varsity swim coach;
• Derek Allen, varsity wrestling assistant;
• Tanner Taylor and Patrick Bookman, football assistant (split position);
• Jarrod Wolfe and Josh Keyse, football assistants;
• Ruarke King, 7th grade football;
• Missy Tucker, varsity volleyball assistant;
• Janessa Castle, freshmen/ JV football and basketball cheer advisor;
• Jacob Schimberg, MS boys cross country coach;
• Jeffery Hartman, MS girls cross country coach;
• Josh Keyse, MS wrestling coach; and
• Janessa Castle, HS athletic program manager.
The board’s next regular meeting is set for 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 14, in the high school Library.