BALTIMORE – Mayor Brad Nicodemus presided over his first council meeting Monday evening.
He announced the following council committee appointments:
• Finance: Chuck Keller (chair), Bob Hankison and Tony House;
• Rules: Mike Hamilton (chair), Dwayne Mohler and Keller;
• Safety: Hankison (chair), Jim Hochradel and Hamilton; and
• Service: House (chair), Hochradel and Mohler.
After considerable discussion, council members agreed upon a new committee schedule for 2016. The Rules Committee will meet as needed. The regular meeting times for the three other committees are:
• Finance: 6:15 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month;
• Safety: Immediately following the regular council meeting on the fourth Monday; and
• Service: 6 p.m. on the second Monday of the month.
The new schedule means council members will have two meeting nights a month instead of the three nights in 2015. Village council will have its regular meetings at 7:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of the month. All meetings will be held in the Village Hall. All committee and council meetings are open to the public.
Council members reelected Chuck Keller as council president. He will chair council meetings in the mayor’s absence.
Nicodemus asked council members if anyone objected to him reappointing all four members of the Tree Commission. No one objected, so Nicodemus will ask each member if they are willing to continue to serve on the commission. The four members are Patricia Closson, Steve Cothrel, Amy DiFrischia and Linda Young.