NEWARK – The Licking County Health Department (LCHD) is a coalition member of the Licking County Prevention Partnership (LCPP) and is participating in National Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday, April 28 by supporting their Rx Collect event.
Take advantage of a safe, convenient, and responsible way to dispose of unused or expired prescription drugs during Rx Collect, occurring at six locations throughout Licking County.
On Saturday, April 28, from 10 am to 2 pm, visit one of the following locations with your unused or expired prescription drugs in a clear, plastic bag for safe disposal:
• Newark Kroger Marketplace; 1155 North 21st St., Newark
• Pataskala Police Department; 430 S. Main St., Pataskala
• Johnstown Police Department; 599 S. Main St., Johnstown
• Granville Ross’s Market; 484 S. Main St., Granville
• Heath Police Department; 1287 Hebron Rd. Heath
• Hebron Police Department; 934 W. Main St., Hebron
Residents should place all medications in a clear plastic bag and take it to the nearest drop off location. No questions are asked, and confidentiality remains a priority.
• Unused or expired prescription drugs;
• Over-the-counter medications;
• Pet medications;
• Vitamins and supplements;
• Ointments, creams, lotions; and
• Liquid medications like cough syrup.
Items NOT accepted:
• Needles, syringes, lancets or other sharps;
• IV bags;
• Hydrogen Peroxide; and
• Bloody or infectious waste.