BUCKEYE LAKE AREA – Lake area college students honored for academic achievements.
Ashland University: The following area students have been named to the spring 2018 Dean’s List at Ashland University. To be eligible for this honor, a student must be enrolled full time at Ashland University and achieve at least a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
• Patricia Alley of Millersport. Patricia is majoring in Biology. Patricia is a graduate of Fairfield Christian Academy.
• Nicholas Novotny of Thornvile. Nicholas is majoring in Political Science and History. Nicholas is a graduate of Lakewood High School.
• Madison Overman of Hebron. Madison is majoring in Business Management. Madison is a graduate of Lakewood High School.
• Carly Rose of Baltimore, graduated from Cedarville University on May 5 with a degree in Management.
• The following local students were named to the Dean’s Honor List at Cedarville University. They maintained at least a 3.75 GPA while taking at least 12 credit hours: Katherine Bisel and Carly Rose, both of Baltimore.
Central Ohio Technical College:
• The following local students were named to the President’s List for the spring semester. They earned a 4.00 GPA while taking a minimum of 12 credit hours: Hebron: Felicia Miller; Somerset: Faith Saxton; and Thornville: Shavonne Cleghon and Benjamyn Hardy.
• The following local students were named to the Honors List for the spring semester. They earned at least a 3.5 GPA while taking a minimum of 12 credit hours: Baltimore: Emily Ehrman and David Nielsen; Hebron: Aaliyah Fetherolf and Delane King; and Thornville: Annika Scopel.
Coastal Carolina University: Katie Larue from Thornville, earned a Bachelor of Science in marine science.
Columbus State Community College: The following loceal students graduated from Columbus State Community College during Autumn Semester Commencement Ceremonies held December 15, 2017.
• Baltimore – Bradley K Tracy and Erin M Ferguson.
• Hebron – Emily E Wogan.
• Thornville – Jessica L Mc- Millan and Samuel M Derlis.
• Thurston – Stacie D Mc- Cloud.
Marietta College: Claudia Allen of Hebron, graduated from Marietta College with a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training on May 6.
Morrisville State College:
• Morrisville State College recently announced that Danielle Bunting of Thornville, was named to the Dean’s List for the Fall 2017 semester. Danielle is a major in the Human Performance & Health Promotion – AS program. To be named to the Dean’s List, a student must achieve an average of 3.0 to 3.99 for the semester and complete 12 credit hours.
• Elita Jones of Thornville has been inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa at Muskingum University. Omicron Delta Kappa, the national leadership honor society, was the first college honor society of a national scope to give recognition and honor for meritorious leadership and service in extracurricular activities and to encourage development of general campus citizenship.
• Area students present research during Muskingum University’s Undergraduate Research and Scholarship Week on campus.
• Hebron – Adam Brown, Color Associations Influence Word Recall.
• Pleasantville – Cody Mc- Manus, High-Top vs. Low Top Football Cleats and the Occurrence of Ankle Injuries.
• Thornville – Elita Jones, Action! In Words and Images – Creative Responses to Leroy Neiman’s Works.
• Johanna Whetstone of Millersport earned a Special Academic Award at Muskingum University’s Scholarship Recognition Day. Shw earned the Agnes Moorehead Scholarship in Theatre.
Scholarship Recognition Day honors Muskingum’s best performing students in academics, research, special projects and service.
• The following local students have been named to the Spring 2018 Dean’s List at Muskingum University.
• Millersport – Johanna Whetstone.
• Thornville – Forrest Ison, Elita Jones and Paige Watterman.
Northland College: Chelsea List of Baltimore, a junior at Northland College, was named to the dean’s list for outstanding academic performance during the winter 2017-2018 term. To qualify for the dean’s list, fulltime students must have a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale with no grade less than a “C.” Northland College is a private liberal arts college located in northern Wisconsin.
Ohio Christian University: The following local students graduated from Ohio Christian University.
• Amanda Albright of Baltimore graduated Summa Cum Laude a Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education. Albright is a member of the Delta Epsilon Chi Honor Society.
• Grant Eley of Baltimore graduated with an Associate of Arts in Business Management.
• Summer Shaver of Thornville graduated with an Associate of Arts in Human Services.
• Shae Miller of Hebron has been named to the Residential Undergraduate Program Dean’s List at Ohio Christian University for the Spring 2018 Semester. To be eligible for the Dean’s List, a student must achieve a semester GPA of 3.5 or better and be enrolled in at least 12 semester hours.
The Ohio State University at Newark:
• The Ohio State University at Newark has released its dean’s lists for spring semester 2018. To qualify, students must be enrolled at least 12 credit hours and achieve a 3.5 GPA.
• Baltimore: Julia Alley, Francess Ann Brownfield, Brandon Compton, Austen Corder, Kierstin Hatten and Claudia Manter
• Buckeye Lake: Brittney Dodrill and Madelyn Garnes
• Glenford: Jayden Geary, Malena Jester and Taylor Wright
• Hebron: Katelyn Burkhard, Olivia Ellis, Morgan Gregg and Cody Perkins
• Kirkersville: Theodora Roush
• Millersport: Alec Harrison and Cassondra Schilling
• Pleasantville: Zacary Colopy and Natalie Soliday
• Thornville: Patsy Fry, Katie Gordon, Emily Gunn, Danielle Justice, Kimberly Saenz, Lauren Samsal and Ian Smith.
Oglethorpe University: Madisyn Foltz of Baltimore, was named to Oglethorpe University’s Spring 2018 Dean’s List. She achieved at least a 3.50 term grade-point average, while earning 12 or more semester hours.
Tiffin University: The following area students were named to the Dean’s List for the spring semester:
Millersport – Olivia Osborn; Thornville – Marcus Alexander; and Baltimore – Rachael Smith.
University of Findlay: Skyler Villa, of Hebron, recently shared a research project and findings during a Senior Capstone Poster Presentation at the University of Findlay for the spring 2018 semester. Villa presented “Factors that Influence Attitudes Toward Gun Control and Violent Crimes.”
Wittenberg University: Michael Ford of Millersport, was recognized at the annual Honors Convocation. Ford has been rewarded entrance into Chi Alpha Sigma.