BUCKEYE LAKE – Lake area college students are honored.
- Patricia Alley of Millersport, was named to the Dean’s List for the Fall 2018 semester. Alley is majoring in biochemistry. Alley is a 2017 graduate of Fairfield Christian Academy.
- Madison Overman of Hebron, was named to the Dean’s List for the Fall 2018 semester. Overman is majoring in business management. Overman is a 2015 graduate of Lakewood High School.
- Nicholas Novotny of Thornville, was named to the Dean’s List for the Fall 2018 semester. Novotny is majoring in political science. Novotny is a 2017 graduate of Lakewood High School.
Cedarville University: The following area Cedarville University students were named to Dean’s Honor List for Fall 2018. In order to be named to the Dean’s Honor List, students need to maintain a 3.75 GPA and carry a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Katherine Bisel of Baltimore, and Tallon Mount of Thornville, were named to Dean’s Honor List.
Kettering College: The following area student was named to the Fall Semester 2018 Academic Dean’s List. Students on the Dean’s List must complete at least 12 total credit hours during a semester, and maintaine a grade point average (GPA) of 3.50 or greater, with no grade below a B-. Kettering College offers a Doctorate in Occupational Therapy, a Master of Physician Assistant, Bachelor and Associate of Science degrees, and certificate programs.
- Olivia Robinson, Thurston, Sonography, BS
- Kayleigh Caito of Baltimore was among more than 1,000 students who received degrees during fall commencement exercises December 14, 2018. Caito graduated with a M.S. in Kinesiology and Health degree, majoring in Kinesiology and Health.
- Kara Linard, of Baltimore majoring in Speech Path & Audiology, was named to the Miami University fall 2018 president’s list. Students who are ranked in the top three percent of undergraduate students within each division for first semester 2018-19 have been named to the president’s list recognizing academic excellence.
- Amara Cummins, of Hebron majoring in Finance, was named to the dean’s list at Miami University for the 2018 fall semester. Students who are ranked in the top twenty percent of undergraduate students within their division for first semester 2018-2019 have been named to the dean’s list recognizing academic performance.
Oglethorpe University: Madisyn Foltz, of Baltimore, a senior at Oglethorpe University, has been named to the dean’s list academic honors for the fall 2018 semester. Foltz, whose major is Accounting, is among 364 Oglethorpe students who achieved at least a 3.50 term grade-point average while earning 12 or more semester hours.
Ohio Christian University College of Adult and Graduate Studies: The following area students were named to the Dean’s List for the Spring 2018 Semester. Dean’s List students must achieve a semester GPA of 3.5 or better and be enrolled in at least 12 “graded” semester hours.
- Jerry Carpenter of Hebron; Grant Eley, Kaytlin Sayre and Brittani Short of Baltimore; Summer Shaver of Thornville; and Courtney Snider of Millersport. (43046)
Shawnee State University: Allison George, of Thornville majoring in Health Science, was named to the President’s List for the Fall Semester 2018. To be named on the list, students must be full-time and have achieved a grade point average of 4.0.
The University of Dayton honored the following lake area students for making the fall 2018 dean’s list for achieving a minimum 3.5 GPA for the semester.
- Luke Bressler and Sydney Hartman of Baltimore
Youngstown State University: Sarah Bader, of Baltimore majoring in pre-nursing, was named to Dean’s List for Fall Semester 2018. Dean’s List recognition is awarded to full-time undergraduate students who have earned at least a 3.4 grade point average for not less than 12 semester hours of credit in the Fall semester.