LANCASTER – Candidates on the Nov. 5 have been certified. Here are the lake-area candidates in Fairfield County.
• Village of Baltimore: Four village council seats are up for election. Three incumbents – Robert J. Hankison, James R. Hochradel and Dwayne Mohler – are seeking reelection. Council President Judy Landis is retiring after 12 years on council. Mike Hamilton is seeking the open seat.
• Village of Millersport: Four village council seats are up for up for election. Four incumbents – Gary R. Matheny, Charles A. Mesko, Thomas M. Middleton and Donna J. Thogmartin – are seeking reelection. Middleton was recently appointed to fill the rest of Jim Wright’s term. Incumbent Douglas D. Carpenter is the only candidate seeking the one open position on the Board of Public Affairs.
• Village of Pleasantville: There are four candidates for four council seats. Candidates are Judith S. Boyer, Jason D Henderson, William R. Mason and Chad W. West.
• Village of Thurston: Three incumbents – Garry A. Boring, Dave Carpenter and Russell Lowell Hite – are seeking reelection as village council members. Incumbent council member Jimmy Barber Jr. is running for Walnut Township Trustee, leaving no candidate for his council seat.
• Liberty Township: Three candidates – incumbents Betsy Alt and Randy Kemmerer, and challenger Craig Getz – are seeking two township trustee positions. Alt was appointed in 2012 to the balance of Dave L. Keller’s term after he passed away.
• Walnut Township: Five candidates are seeking two township trustee posts. Incumbent Terry W. Horn is seeking reelection. Sonny Dupler is stepping down after 12 years as a trustee. Former Trustee Walter Gabriel, Thurston Village Council member Jimmy Dee Barber Jr., Walnut Township Schools Board of Education member Vince Popo and Doug Leith are also seeking election.
Walnut Township Board of Education incumbents Thomas Cumbow and Carol A. King are seeking reelection. Two challengers – Sandra Lines and John R. Singleton
– are also seeking the two seats.
• Liberty Union-Thurston Board of Education: Incumbents Shaun Hochradel and John Hutton are seeking reelection. President Mike Raver is retiring after 24 years service on the board. Caryl N. Caito is seeking his seat on the board.