MILLERSPORT – Walnut Township School Board members elected Tom Cumbow to serve as president for 2017.
He replaces Vince Popo who replaced Cumbow last year. Board member Holly Armstrong nominated Cumbow.
Cumbow then nominated Armstrong for vice president, but his motion died for lack of a second. After Popo said he wasn’t interested in the post, board member Carol King nominated Karen Keller for vice president. Popo seconded the nomination and she was elected. Keller will also continue as the board’s legislative liaison to the Ohio School Boards Association. Pope will continue as the student achievement liaison to the association.
Board committees for 2017 are:
• Staff Personnel and Finance: King (chair) and Keller;
• Buildings and Grounds; Transportation; and Maintenance: Popo (chair) and Cumbow;
• Policy Development; Legislative Review; and Labor Relations: Cumbow (chair) and Armstrong;
• Instructional and Curricular Programs: Keller (chair) and Popo; and
• Extra/Co-Curricular; Health and Safety: Armstrong (chair) and King.
Board members moved up their regular meeting time from 7 p.m. to 6 p.m. on the second Monday of each month. All meetings, except the September board meeting will be held in Lake Learning Center at the high school. The September meeting will be held at the Fairfield Beach Property Owners Association clubhouse or the Fairfield Beach Fire Station.