AARP Foundations Tax-Aide volunteers are once again offering free tax preparation at the Buckeye Lake Library (4455 Walnut Rd., BL) from February 1 – April 15, 2020. Appointments are required, call 740-641-2387 to schedule. Hours are 10:30am-5:30pm Wednesdays.
While Tax-Aide’s focus is on low-moderate income senior citizens, the service is available to anyone, regardless of income or age. You do not need to be a member of AARP to use the service, and you will not be asked to join. The service is totally free, no donations accepted.
Volunteers, who are certified and trained by the IRS, provide these services:
- Prepare and file U.S., Ohio and (where applicable) School District Tax Returns.
- Prepare and file Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Tax forms
- Determine eligibility for Earned Income Credit, Child Tax Credit and child/dependent care deductions.
- Calculate taxes due on income from stocks, bonds and retirement accounts.
- Complete tax forms involving itemized deductions, education expenses and credits, and cancellation of debt.
- Prepare and file simple self-employment returns.
What to Bring:
- Driver’s license or photo ID
- Social Security card
- Last year’s tax return
- Income statements: W2, 1099, brokerage account statements, interest statements
- Expense statements: 1098 form showing mortgage interest paid, forms for educational expenses & student loan interest payments, church/charity donation receipts.
- List of medical expenses (add up your medical expenses, even if you don’t itemize, they can still be used to reduce your Ohio income taxes.)
For more information, visit the Tax-Aide website: