Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
Reports for the March 10 village council meeting
• Officers took a report of criminal damaging outside RP3 where the door of a parked vehicle had been kicked and damaged. Police identified and located the suspect who was charged.
• A local woman reported that her soon-to-be ex-husband has refused to stop texting her. TheThe victim supplied copies of the texts and was referred to the prosecutor.
• Police were called about a man exposing himself to school children on passing school busses. Officers set up surveillance at the location and discovered that the suspect had an apartment in the 100 block of East Market Street. The adult male was observed in an open window exposing himself as a bus went by. Other busses were redirected and the suspect was taken into custody and charged with two counts of public indecency.
• Police responded to the report of a student at the high school possible having a gun. A search of the student’s vehicle turned up several fighting-style knives and a quantity of drugs. During an interview, the student told officers the location of the weapons which were believed to have been stolen from a residence in Lancaster. The investigation is continuing.
• Feb. 1: Police were dispatched to a Park Street home on a report of a domestic dispute. No charges were filed.
• Feb. 1: Police took a complaint of menacing at a Lancaster Street residence.
• Feb. 3: A driver was cited for expired license tags.
• Feb. 7: Police were called to the Family Dollar store on a suspicious person complaint. Police are investigating possible credit card fraud.
• Feb. 10: Police stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. Police ultimately arrested the driver on charges of drug trafficking, drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Feb. 11: A driver was cited for failure to control and driving under suspension following a property damage crash.
• Feb. 14: Police were dispatched to a Second Avenue home on a report of a domestic violence complaint. A report was taken but no one was arrested.
• Feb. 14: Police were dispatched to a Lynn Avenue residence on a domestic violence complaint. A subject was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Feb. 17: A driver was cited for an expired registration.