2014-03-08 / Police Report

Police activity reports

Compiled from selected police activity reports.

Buckeye Lake

• Feb. 22: A driver was cited for traveling 46 in a 35 miles per hour zone.

• Feb. 22: Police were dispatched to a Park Street residence on a report of an active domestic dispute. When the officer arrived each person said the other started the incident. Both parties were arrested. The male refused to comply with the officer, became aggressive toward the officer, and was tased after several warnings. The female was compliant during arrest. Both parties were transported to jail.

• Feb. 23: A W. 1st Street woman came to the police station to report that her ex-husband was harassing her on her cell phone. He called while she was at the station and the officer answered, advising him that his ex-wife was at the station to file a complaint if he didn’t stop calling. He agreed to stop.

• Feb. 23: A Duke service station employee reported a Gatorade theft. Video footage of the theft was provided.

• Feb. 24: A Park Street resident, who was a crime victim, was notified that the perpetrator had been released from jail.

• Feb. 24: A report of an active domestic dispute turned out to be a verbal dispute. Parties were advised.

• Feb. 25: A Walnut Road resident reported a prowler. Police were unable to locate anyone in the area.

• Feb. 25: A driver was cited for driving under suspension and for speeding.

• Feb. 28: A Walnut Road woman said a man told her son that he would kick his (behind) because the woman obtained a protection order against the man’s girlfriend. The woman believed the incident was a violation of the protection order. The prosecutor’s office said it was not, unless the girlfriend filed the complaint.

• Feb. 28: A North Bank Road woman asked police to talk to her daughter, who was missing many school days. She was told to attend school or be charged with unruly conduct.

• Feb. 28: Police assisted a squad run to a North Bank Road residence.

• March 1: A woman told police her ex-husband was calling and harassing her. The exhusband was contacted and both parties agreed not to call each other.

Return to top