Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Feb. 17: Police responded to a 9-1-1 hang-up call from a W. 1st Street residence. A young juvenile was playing with an old cell phone and accidentally dialed the number.
• Feb. 18: A resident reported two at-large dogs barely got across Hebron Road without being hit, and one of the dogs scratched at a door on W. 5th Street. The officer approached the home and found the dog scratching on the door was healthy and had tags. The owner was informed of the leash law. The other dog, which appeared skinny and sickly, couldn’t be located.
• Feb. 18: A gas station employee reported a customer’s suspicious behavior.
• Feb. 18: A Park Street woman said people with foreign accents were calling and harassing her, claiming she owed tax money.
• Feb. 19: A Walnut Road woman said a woman was threatening her grandson.
• Feb. 19: A Wheeling, WV, woman said her car was vandalized at Buckeye Lake.
• Feb. 20: A driver was cited for traveling 45 in 35 miles per hour zone.
• Feb. 20: A man riding a bicycle was lifeflighted to OSU for treatment after a vehicle’s mirror struck him.
• Feb. 22: A driver was cited for traveling 53 in 35 miles per hour zone.
• Feb. 20: Two drivers were each cited for traveling 47 in 35 miles per hour zone.
• Feb. 1: A driver was cited for driving with a suspended license.
• Feb. 1: Police arrested a man for allegedly shoplifting at the Kroger store.
• Feb. 1: Police were called to a heated verbal domestic dispute between a woman and her daughter’s boyfriend who lives with them. He agreed to leave.
• Feb. 1: A driver was cited for going 70 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Feb. 1: Police on patrol at 9:18 p.m. saw a vehicle with its lights off in Evans Park. Police discovered that the driver’s license had been suspended. He and his girlfriend were picked up by a licensed driver.
• Feb. 1: Police recovered a stolen vehicle reported by Columbus Division of Police on Greenbriar Lane.
• Feb. 1: Police were called to a Canal Road apartment on a possible child abuse case involving a six-month-old child and the mother’s boyfriend. Police are investigating and have notified Childrens Services.
• Feb. 2: An 18-year-old man was cited for possession of marijuana.
• Feb. 2: A driver was citd for going 71 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Feb. 2: Police were called to the Duke station about an elderly female driver who was lost. Police determined she was a risk to herself and others if she continued to drive. She was taken to the police station and her daughter was contacted to pick her up.
• Feb. 2: Police assisted Buckeye Lake Police with an active fight on Renner Street.
• Feb. 3: A driver was stopped on Ohio 79 at Enterprise Drive and ultimately charge with OVI and failure to reinstate. Afte providing a urine sample, he was taken to jail.