Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Jan. 7: A Walnut Road woman said her ex-boyfriend arrived at her house, argued with her, and then began taking his belongings. She wanted an officer there while he removed them. The exboyfriend, who gave back his key to the house, was advised never to return.
• Jan. 8: Police were called about a man that left a bar driving a black truck after causing problems. The bartender said the man was advised he needed to leave. The truck was not located.
• Jan. 9: A West 1st Street man said someone broke into his home and stole several items.
• Jan. 10: A driver was cited for traveling 50 in a 35 miles per hour zone.
• Jan. 10: A Walnut Road woman said a juvenile attacked her daughter, causing red marks on her neck. The juvenile and her mother were advised that charges would be filed if it happened again.
• Jan. 10: A Walnut Road woman said a van full of men were leering at her daughter and scaring her. The men, Kirby vacuum cleaner salesmen, were advised.
• Jan. 10: A Seymour Avenue woman said a neighbor boy was shooting a BB gun at her house.
• Jan. 11: A driver was cited for traveling 46 in a 35 miles per hour zone.
• Jan. 11: A Worth Drive man reported a possible prowler.
• Jan. 11: A driver was cited for failure to yield.
• Jan. 11: An Anchors Way resident said someone entered her daughter’s garage without permission.
• Jan. 12: Alarm drop at Duke service station. Employee said alarm trip was accidental.
• Jan. 12: Police assisted a Licking County Sheriff’s deputy with a traffic stop on I-70.
• Jan. 12: A juvenile was advised not to walk on the frozen lake at the North Shore Boat Ramp.
• Jan. 12: A Walnut Road man reported hearing threatening voices through his walls and ceiling. He was taken to Licking Memorial Hospital for evaluation.
• Jan. 12: A Walnut Road man said a female acquaintance entered his home without permission. While there, she fell into a glass table and injured herself.
• Jan. 12: A Walnut Road woman said she found drugs in her adult daughter’s bedroom. The daughter is in jail.
• Dec. 20: A driver was stopped for a marked lanes violation and was eventually cite for OVI as well. Charges are pending for drugs found in his possession.
• Dec. 21: Police were dispatched to a Westview Drive home on 9-1-1 hang-up call at 4:40 p.m. No one responded when police knocked on the door. Police looked through a window and saw a coffee table sitting at a strange angle and foot on the couch and a pillow at the other end with no one lying on it. Police knocked even harder with still no response. Police called the squad and then discovered that the door was unlocked. Police entered the home and the subject finally woke. He was fine and no one else was at home.
• Dec. 23: Police picked up a man wanted on a Hebron warrant as he was being released from the Franklin County Jail. He was taken to the Licking County Jail.
• Dec. 25: A Broadway Street apartment resident wanted police to document that someone had sprayed his vehicle with silly string.
• Dec. 25: A North Street resident told police someone keyed her vehicle while it was parked in her driveway.
• Dec. 26: A North Maple Street man told police that his live-in daughter had taken several items from his home belonging to his late wife. He also report that his daughter verbally abuses him and makes threats to harm him. Police are investigating.
• Dec. 26: Police assisted a Licking County Sheriff’s Office deputy on a domestic dispute call in Buckeye Lake. It was a verbal dispute.