Hochradel replaces Landis as council president
BALTIMORE – Council member Jim Hochradel is the new village council president. He replaces Judy Landis who didn’t seek reelection.
Council member Chuck Keller nominated Hochradel and was then nominated for president himself by Dwayne Mohler. Keller withdrew his name from the floor.
Council meetings will continue to be held at 7:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of each month. Committee meeting times were also set:
• Finance – Third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
• Service – Second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
• Safety – First Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
• Rules – As needed.
Council members also approved Mayor Robert Kalish’s committee appointments.
• Finance: Robert Hankison, chair; Chuck Keller and Dwayne Mohler.
• Service: Chuck Keller, chair; Robert Hankison and Jim Hochradel.
• Safety: Dwayne Mohler, chair; Mike Hamilton and Tony House.
• Rules: Dwayne Mohler, chair; Mike Hamilton and Tony House.
Hamilton is replacing Landis on council. Hochradel will con tinue to represent council on the Planning Commission. His term runs through Dec. 31, 2017. Kalish is also on the Planning Commission. His term expires Dec. 31, 2015.
Hochradel also serves on the Board of Zoning Apeals. His term there runs through Dec. 31, 2014 as for all members. Hochradel also represents council on the Parks and Recreation Board with his term running through Dec. 31, 2015.
Mohler is replacing Landis as council’s representative on the Basil Joint Fire District Board. The village’s other representative on the board is Fred Reedy whose terms runs through June 22, 2016.
The terms of all four Tree Commission members expire at the end of this year. Members are Linda Young, Steve Cothrell , Amy DiFrischia and Patricia Closson.