Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Dec. 28: A driver was cited for driving under suspension and running a red light.
• Dec. 28: A driver was cited for traveling 45 in a 35 miles per hour zone, an equipment violation, and expired registration.
• Dec. 28: Police were called about a parking dispute between neighbors.
• Dec. 29: A driver was cited for traveling wrong way down one-way street.
• Dec. 29: An Union Avenue man said he was a victim of online theft.
• Dec. 29: Police received a report of a large bonfire near a Walnut Road residence. The officer spotted the fire, which was far larger than legally permitted and near a building full of combustible material. The officer called the fire department, but the person who started the fire extinguished it. The person who lit the fire had some singed facial hair and appeared to be intoxicated. He was cited for open burning.
• Jan. 1: A Millersport woman said her wallet was stolen while in Buckeye Lake Village.
• Jan. 1: A Walnut Road woman said a man was yelling at her son, who was behaving. The man said the son and other boys are noisy. The officer suggested the man discuss the situation with the parents.
• Jan. 1: Police assisted the squad with a woman experiencing seizures.
• Jan. 2: A truck driver told police someone stole 130 gallons of fuel and other items from his semi truck.
• Jan. 3: A driver whose vehicle was stopped because it didn’t have a rear license plate light was cited for an expired driver’s license.
• Jan. 3: A driver who caused an accident at the Hebron and Mill Dam roads intersection was charged with driving under suspension.
• Jan. 4: An officer was dispatched to speak with a woman whose mother was experiencing mental issues.
• Jan. 4: Police responded to a 9-1-1 hang-up call on Union Avenue. A four-year-old was playing with the phone.
• Jan. 4: A driver was cited for running a stop sign.
• Jan. 4: A driver was cited for traveling 48 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• Jan. 5: The Ohio State Highway Patrol asked a Buckeye Lake officer to check on a trooper who not responding to his radio. The trooper was located and OK.
• Jan. 5: Police were called to the Econo Lodge on a report of a person refusing to leave. The person left when the officer was called.
• Jan. 5: A driver was cited for traveling 47 in a 35 mile per hour zone.
• Jan. 5: A driver was cited for traveling 48 in a 35 mile per hour zone.
• Jan. 5: A driver was cited for running a stop sign.
• Jan. 5: Police were called about an assault at Louie’s Corner House bar. The person who started the fight left before police arrived and the victim did not want to file a complaint at that time.
• Jan. 5: A man came to the Buckeye Lake Police station stating he was having a strange reaction to medication. The man was transported to Licking Memorial Hospital.
• Dec. 18: An unidentified motorist told police that a man in a red vehicle shined a green laser at him while he was driving. He gave a license plate number to police. Police located the vehicle on Wooster Street. Police spoke with the driver who admitted using the laser. He was warned.
• Dec. 19: Police checked out an East Main Street home at 1 a.m. after the resident reported hearing someone walking around inside. Everything checked out OK.
• Dec. 20: A Millersport landlord told police that her tenants at an East Main Street property had vandalized it when they moved out. Police took a report and photos.
• Dec. 20: A Hebron Road resident told police that her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend had been harassing her. Police contacted the ex and told her to stop contacting the complainant.
• Dec. 20: Police were called about a juvenile male threatening to commit suicide by cutting his throat. Police were told that he had previously cut himself. The juvenile put down his knife when police arrived. Police followed a vehicle with the juvenile and a guardian to the hospital. He was “pink slipped” for evaluation.