Horn makes fiscally responsible decisions
I’m taking this opportunity point out some facts regarding Walnut Township Trustee candidate Terry Horn. I commend Terry Horn on the following efforts he was a part of as Walnut Township Trustee. He has made fiscally responsible decisions for our Township and listens to his constituents. Take a look at his record and consider voting for Terry Horn for Walnut Township trustee.
• Trustee Horn helped implement this EMS billing for the township which generates over $200,000 per year (with a total collected amount of $379,000), for the sole benefit of the two fire departments.
• Utilizing grant dollars, Trustee Horn led the program to remove five condemned houses in the township in 2013. Two houses were voluntarily removed by the owner, with three being removed through grant funds, along with township resources of labor and equipment. With the exception of fuel, there were no township outof pocket costs for this project. Township employees also worked on the project during normal working hours. He is currently working on 4-5 more properties.
• Trustee Horn also recently initiated a plan to have junk vehicles removed through information, education and notification.
• Trustee Horn worked with the township health insurance carrier to reduce costs. In the second full year of these changes a conservative estimate of savings is well over $100,000 by the end of 2013.
• Trustee Horn worked with a consultant to revamp the township website, and then took over the routine updates and maintenance, saving the Township $1,700 per year.