Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Aug. 9: Police saw a vehicle’s rear tire fall off as the vehicle was moving. Police determined that the tire was the wrong size and the hub bolts were mismatched with one missing. The driver was found to have no driver’s license and 11 active suspensions. The vehicle was impounded and the driver was charged with no driver’s license, driving under suspension, and unsafe vehicle.
• Aug. 10: Police impounded an abandoned vehicle on Leroy Street.
• Aug. 11: A person discovered a possible suicide note and turned it over to police. Police gave it to Heath Police who were already working on the case.
• Aug. 11: A Buckeye Lake landlord said she wanted a tenant who was moving out to leave. The tenant, who was drinking with a friend, told the officer she would leave. She and her friend were advised not to drive and they agreed to return later for their vehicles.
• Aug. 11: Police stopped a vehicle for expired license plats and also found the driver had two active suspensions.
• Aug. 11: A driver was stopped and found to be intoxicated. The driver was charged with OVI and his vehicle impounded.
• Aug. 11: A driver was stopped for a marked lanes violation and was found to be intoxicated. The driver was charged with OVI.
• Aug. 11: Police were called about a dog left inside a vehicle. Police found the dog and discovered that the vehicle’s license plate belonged to another vehicle. Licking County Animal Control took custody of the dog and the vehicle was impounded.
• Aug. 11: A Renner Street woman appeared to be a domestic violence victim. The suspect was arrested and charged with domestic violence. Both were charged with underage consumption of alcohol.
• Aug. 12: A Highland Avenue man reported the theft of his power washer.
• Aug. 13: Police told a Central Street man that his neighbors were complaining about him revving his car’s motor.
• Aug. 1: Police cited a driver for traveling left of center and driving while under a child support suspension.
• Aug. 11: A driver was cited for driving under suspension.
• Aug. 16: Police are still investigating the burglary of a weekend home on Deep Cut Road.
• Aug. 17: Police cited a driver after he ran a stop sign and struck a juvenile riding a bike.
• Aug. 18: Police responded to a dispute over a vehicle purchase on Lancaster Street. It was a civil matter and was mediated.