Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Aug. 11: Police were called to a South Main Street address on a report of a person looking in windows. The person left the area before police arrived.
• Aug. 14: Police were called to a North Main Street home on a wellbeing check and found an active domestic dispute. The male half was issued an active protection order and was told to leave the residence.
• Aug. 14: Police are investigating the check of a bad check at the People’s Bank.
• Aug. 16: Police responded to the report of a dog bite on South Mill Street. The victim refused treatment and did not want to file charges. The dog was released to its owner.
• Aug. 19: Police were called to Christ UMC Church on a pit bull dog inside a teacher’s vehicle. The driver’s side window was down and the dog jumped inside. The dog refused to let officers get close. An animal control officer took control of the dog and took the licensed dog to the animal shelter. Charges are pending for allowing the dog to run at large.
• Aug. 20: A North Granville Street resident told police that a large rock was thrown through the back window of her vehicle and a tire was slashed. Police are investigating. The suspect was involved in a prior domestic dispute.
• Aug. 23: Police responded to a report of a domestic dispute at a North Liberty Street home. It was only a verbal dispute.
• Aug. 24: Police were called to an injury crash on East Cliff Street. The vehicle had struck a tree.