Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
3/11/2013: Officers responded to a call for assistance from the fire department in the 400 block of East Market st. Officers assisted with the transport of an elderly female and secured the residence.
• March 11: Police assisted the fire department with the transport of an elderly female from a home in the 400 block of East Market Street. Police also secured the home.
• March 11: Officers were called to a residence in the 700 block of Washington Street on the report of an out of control intoxicated man. Officers took the man into custody and transported him to the hospital for an evaluation.
• March 12: Police were dispatched to an alarm drop on North Main Street. Officers discovered that the front door was open. The residence was checked and secured.
• March 13: A mother called police after her 16 year old son pushed her. Police calmed the situation. The mother did not want to press charges.
• March 13: Police removed an unruly female student from the middle school and released her to her parents.
• March 13: Officers responded to a report of an accident at Liberty and Washington streets. A vehicle had hit a utility pole. The driver was found to be intoxicated and was arrested and transported.
• March 19: Officers were dispatched to North Main Street on a report of a possible drunk driver involved in an accident. The driver had hit two vehicles and was attempting to leave. It was discovered that this was the same driver who hit a vehicle and fled from a location on State Route 158 earlier.
• March 21: Police were called to the Baltimore Market IGA on a report of a female who had passed several bad checks. She left before police arrived. Police are continuing to investigate.
• March 24: Police were asked to look for a missing truck driver. Police found the truck at the paper mill. Police found the driver dead in the truck from apparent natural causes.
• March 23: A Hebron woman was stopped for speeding and swerving. The officer noticed signs she had been drinking. She failed field sobriety tests and tested at .159 BAC. She was cited for OVI.
• March 24: A Newark woman was stopped for speeding and improper lane changes. The officer noticed signs she had been drinking. She failed field sobriety tests and tested at .237 BAC. She was cited for OVI.
• March 28: A driver was cited for traveling 47 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• March 29: A Millersport man was cited for improper vehicle registration.