Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• March 2: An officer stopped a Millersport man because his vehicle didn’t display a front license plate. The officer discovered the man was also driving with a suspended drivers license and cited him for both violations.
• March 4: Two drivers were each cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• March 6: A Harbor Hills resident said someone stole two cistern covers from a Buckeye Lake Village rental property.
• Feb. 16: Police on patrol at 3:21 a.m. saw a vehicle parked in front of the American Legion hall and what appeared to be a person inside. A woman was inside setting up for a benefit later in the day.
• Feb. 16: A driver was cited for going 52 mph in a 35 mph zone on North High Street at Enterprise Drive.
• Feb. 16: A driver was cited for an illegal u-turn on Ohio 79 at South High Street.
• Feb. 16: A driver was cited for going 54 mph in a 35 mph zone on South High Street at Sunset Drive.
• Feb. 17: Police assisted Buckeye Lake Police with an active domestic dispute on Maplewood Drive. Several people were involved in the verbal argument and they were separated for the night.
• Feb. 16: Police stopped a vehicle after the driver made a prohibited left turn. A passenger was arrested on a warrant out of Hendricks County, Indiana.
• Feb. 17: Police cited a driver for being left of center after a head-on crash on Refugee Road at North 9th Street.
• Feb. 18: Police on patrol at 11:42 a.m. saw a man loading a storage shed from Evans Park onto a trailer. The shed belongs to the soccer association and police verified that he had permission to remove it.
• Feb. 18: A South High Street resident said two male subjects were inside his home when he returned at 3:36 p.m. Both jumped out of a first floor window and left the scene in a black Mustang. Police are investigating.
• Feb. 18: A Keller Road resident came to the station to report that a named person tried to run her off the roadway on Ohio 79 at O’Neill Drive. The man was driving a tractor trailer. The complainant said she knew the driver from previous incidents. Police talked with him. He said the complainant had made obscene gestures at him and he denied trying to run her off the road.
• Feb. 18: Police assisted the Licking County Sheriff’s Office with an active domestic dispute on Cranberry Lane in Buckeye Lake. It turned out to be a verbal dispute.
• Feb. 19: A Mill Dam Road resident called police about a verbal confrontation in the Kroger parking lot. The complainant said the man threatened to key his vehicle. Police tried to call the man but his phone was disconnected.
• Feb. 21: Police were called at 4:12 a.m. about a person refusing to leave the Best Western Inn. The person left before police arrived.
• Feb. 21: A local pastor reported the theft of a game system from the church. Police are investigating.
• Feb. 21: Police took a report after a driver left the Duke station without paying for $15 of fuel.
• Feb. 21: A driver was cited for driving under suspension on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Feb. 21: Police responded to an alarm drop at Buckeye Outdoors at 9:21 p.m. The building checked secure.