Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Feb. 4: Three drivers were each cited for traveling 49 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Feb. 4: A driver was cited for traveling 51 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Feb. 6: A driver was cited for traveling 49 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Feb. 6: A driver was cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 2: Police were called about two men breaking in the front door of a Forest Ridge home. The home is vacant and the men said they were working for the mortgage holder and were there to change the locks and winterize it. Their explanation checked out.
• Jan. 2: Police are investigating the possible rape of an elderly woman that was reported to police by personnel at Licking Memorial Hospital and Adult Protective Services.
• Jan. 3: Police on patrol at 12:54 a.m. checked out a suspicious man wearing dark clothes on Cumberland Street. He said he was walking to the Kroger store to meet his ride.
• Jan. 3: Police took a report after a South Street dog owners said the dog had been shot with a BB gun.
• Jan. 3: Police took a report after a driver left the Duke station without paying for gasoline.
• Jan. 5: A Hamilton Avenue woman reported that a named man took a vehicle with permission on Jan. 1 and neither he nor the vehicle have been seen since them.
• Jan. 5: A driver was cited for a stop sign violation at West 2nd Street at Cumberland Street.
• Jan. 5: Police took a report on damage done to the concession stand door at Evans Park.
• Jan. 5: A driver was cited for going 54 mph in a 35 mph zone on West Main Street at Lakewood Drive.
• Jan. 5: Police were called to a dispute between roommates concerning paying for rent. Police told them it was a civil matter. The complainant agreed to leave for the night.
• Jan. 6: A driver was cited for going 78 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at U.S. 40.
• Jan. 6: A driver was cited for going 51 mph in a 35 mph zone on North High Street at Newark Street.
• Jan. 7: Police took a report on the theft of a laptop computer and a printer from a North High Street office.
• Jan. 8: Police on patrol at 10:17 p.m. checked out a vehicle parked in a back lot at Evans Park. A young adult couple said they were “just hanging out.” They consented to a search of the vehicle and police found a nearly empty open bottle of vodka. The bottle was poured out and the couple was told to leave the park.
• Jan. 11: Police stopped a vehicle on Ohio 79 at Enterprise Drive. The driver was cited for OVI.
• Jan. 12: Police stopped a vehicle for excessive speed on East Main Street at Arrowhead Boulevard. The driver was cited for speed and OVI.
• Jan. 12: Police responded to a complaint about loud music on South High Street at 3:06 a.m. Police found two adult men in a car listening to music. They said they would go in for the night.
• Jan. 12: Police a stopped a vehicle at 3:33 a.m. and cited the driver for OVI. Police later found four pills on the back seat of the cruiser. Additional charges are under review.
• Jan. 12: A driver was cited for going 69 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at U.S. 40.
• Jan. 12: A Parks Avenue man reported receiving threatening text messages from a named man that said he was coming to the complainant’s home to beat him up. Police tried to contact the man and told his wife to tell him to avoid any contact with the complainant.
• Jan. 13: A property manager at the Lakewood Drive apartments reported that a non-tenant driving a pickup had put trash in the complex’s container. Police found him and he agreed to remove the trash.