Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Jan. 16: A West 7th Street woman said her husband assaulted her during an argument, and he threw a 12-pack of soda through a window in his rage. The man denied assaulting her other than pushing her and said while he did throw the 12-pack, he didn’t intend for it to shatter a window.
• Jan. 18: A driver was cited for traveling 50 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 18: A driver was cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 18: A West 1st Street man said his ex-girlfriend tried to run him over with her car following an argument and he sustained injuries. Just then, there was a report of a woman who also sustained injuries following an argument. According to the report, this was the couple arguing with each other and, since both were injured in the incident, the case was to be sent to the county prosecutor for possible domestic violence charges against both parties.
• Jan. 19: A driver was cited for running a stop sign on Hebron Road.
• Jan. 19: A driver was cited for traveling 52 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 22: A driver was cited for traveling 48 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 22: A driver was cited for traveling 49 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 22: A driver was cited for traveling 56 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 23: A driver was cited for traveling 30 in a 20 miles per hour zone on Myers Ave.
• Jan. 23: Two drivers were each cited for traveling 46 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Dec. 23: Police on patrol at 9:53 p.m. saw a truck pull behind the Goodyear Tire store. The man told police he was taking knobs off an old service truck and had the owner’s permission. Police confirmed his story.
• Dec. 25: Police took a report after a motorist left the Duke station without paying for $20.03 worth of gasoline.
• Dec. 26: Police were called at 3:50 a.m. about an attempted break-in at a Kelly Court home. The residents were awakened by loud banging on a back window. Police discovered that a piece of metal had come loose in the wind and was hanging where it could bang against the window.
• Dec. 26: Police were called to a Hebron Road home on a domestic dispute. The male wanted hi girlfriend to leave the home. Police determined she did live there and told her she didn’t have to leave. She left to diffuse the situation.
• Dec. 27: Two drivers were warned after police saw them doing donuts in a parking lot at Evans Park.
• Dec. 27: Police were called to a domestic dispute at a Hebron Road trailer. The complainant said her daughter and her boyfriend were refusing to leave. Both agreed to leave for the night.
• Dec. 27: A motorist was cited for going 49 mph in a 35 mph zone on South High Street at Sunset.
• Dec. 27: A Buckeye Street property owner reported that a rock had been thrown through a window.
• Dec. 27: Police assisted the Licking County Sheriff’s Office by standing by with a possible suicide victim until a deputy arrived.
• Dec. 28: A motorist was cited for going 49 mph in a 35 mph zone on Refugee Road near Evans Park.
• Dec. 28: Police are investigating a complaint that a Newark woman was assaulted by a coworker at THK.
• Dec. 28: Police were dispatched to assist Buckeye Lake Police with an active fight at the Corner House bar. The fight was over when police arrived. One suspect was taken to jail by a Licking County Sheriff’s Office deputy on an outstanding warrant.
• Dec. 29: Two motorists were cited for going 47 mph and 49 mph respectively in a 35 mph zone on Refugee Road near Evans Park.
• Dec. 29: Police stopped a vehicle that was covered with about eight inches of snow except for a small opening on the windshield in front of the driver. He was warned for having an obstructed view.