Time running out to get 2013 dog licenses
NEWARK – The Licking County Dog Shelter’s Third Annual Dog Tag-A-Thon! runs from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Friday, Jan. 25 through Thursday, Jan. 31.
The extra hours are to help Licking County dog owners save the $15 late fee charged for a 2013 county tag obtained after January 31! Dog licensing assistance is available by calling the Dog Shelter at 740-349-6563.
The fee is $15 per dog. Ohio law requires all dogs three months old or older to wear a 2013 county tag by January 31.
Licking County dog owners can purchase 2013 licenses at www.lcounty.com/auditor/, mail their dog license application and check to the auditor or visit one of these locations:
• Buckeye Lake: Z’s Village Market, 5187 Walnut Rd. (Ohio 79);
• Dog Shelter, 544 Dog Leg Rd.,Heath; or
• Humane Society, 548 Dog Leg Rd., Heath.
In Fairfield County, dog licenses are available on-line at http://dogtags.co.fairfield.oh.us. Applications are available on-line at www.co.fairfield.oh.us/auditor and can be mailed to: County Auditor’s Office, 210 E. Main Street Room 201, Lancaster, OH 43130.
Fairfield County dog licenses are $12 each and must be purchased for any dog three months or older. Licenses are also available at these lake area locations:
• Baltimore: Ace Hardware, 8865 SR 158 and United Landmark, 508 Oak St.
• Millersport: Feeder Creek Veterinary Services, 12575 Millersport Rd.