Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Jan. 3: A Walnut Road man said someone broke into his home while he was at work and stole several items, including frozen meat from his refrigerator.
• Jan. 7: Two drivers were each cited for traveling 48 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 7: A driver was cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 7: A driver was cited for traveling 47 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 8: Three drivers were each cited for traveling 49 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 8: A driver was cited for traveling 47 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 8: A driver was cited for traveling 51 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 8: A driver was cited for traveling 50 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 9: A driver was cited for running a stop sign on Hunts Landing Road.
• Jan. 9: A driver was cited for traveling 47 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan 9: Two drivers were each cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• Dec. 8: Police stopped a driver whose vehicle crossed the fog line numerous times on East Street. The driver told police that he was from out-of-state and lost. He was weaving because he was trying to drive and read a map at the same time. Police warned him and gave him directions.
• Dec. 8: A drive was stopped for excessive speed and then cited for failure to timely transfer his plates to his new vehicle.
• Dec. 8: Police assisted Buck- eye Lake Police after a van was stopped that was occupied by about a dozen illegal aliens. Three started to walk away from the traffic stop. Police picked them up and returned them to the stop. Police contacted federal immigration agents who told him to let them go.
• Dec. 9: A driver was cited for going 53 mph in a 35 mph zone on North High Street at Newark Street.
• Dec. 10: A Harry & David employee told police that someone slashed a tire on his vehicle while it was parked in the lot.
• Dec. 10: An employee at the Duke station told police that a man had come into store saying it had been robbed by a man in a white truck in the parking lot. Police located the truck. The man in the truck said his friend had driven the truck there and left on foot. Police contacted the friend who said he had been attacked by his friend and had left on foot. He didn’t want to press charges.
• Dec. 14: A Park AVenue resident reported hat a vehicle had run off the roadway and hit part of their Christmas display, damaging several strings of light and two support poles.
• Dec. 14: A driver was cited for going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone on South High Street.
• Dec. 15: A driver was stopped and cited for driving around a road closed barricade and the through the construction zone on Canal Road.
• Dec. 15: A Lakewood Drive apartment resident asked police to check the apartment above his after water started coming through the ceiling. Police spoke with the upstairs resident who said she had just finished taking a bath. Both were advised to contact the complex manager.
• Dec. 16: Police assisted the Ohio State Highway Patrol by watching I-70 eastbound for an older SUV reported to be driving in the median. Police didn’t see the vehicle.
• Dec. 16: A driver was stopped at 3:04 a.m. for doing 69 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40. Police discovered the driver had several suspensions. He was ultimately charged with OVI. After refusing several breath tests, he was taken to jail.
• Dec. 17: A Deacon Street resident told police that someone broke her snowflake Christmas decorations. She asked for more frequent police patrols.
• Dec. 17: Moundbuilders Guidance Center asked police to check on the welfare of an outpatient who had earlier been violent with her home care nurse. Police said she was sleeping when they went to her home.
• Dec. 17: Police checked out a damaged open door at the post office. Everything checked secure.
• Dec. 17: Police took a report after a driver left the Duke station without paying for $20.01 of gasoline.
• Dec. 18: An employee of a company installing cables in the village reported the theft of an ATV from the area of South High Street and Ohio 79.
• Dec. 19: Police took a report on drug paraphernalia found on the sidewalk in front of the Kroger store.
• Dec. 19 : A knife found in the South High Street car wash was turned over to police.