Construction is ahead of schedule on the Village of Hebron’s 6,500 square foot addition to north side of its Basin Street fire station. The village issued $1.35 million in bonds to pay for the addition and renovation of the fire station, portions which date back to the 1950’s. The addition includes two additional equipment bays for a total of five and modern living facilities, including a new kitchen, for on-duty personnel. The current kitchen housed in a lean-to-like structure on the west side of the building will be razed. The current living area on the south end of the station will be turned into a training room, exercise area and offices. The work is expected to be completed by the end of the year. 2K General Company of Delaware is the contractor. Beacon photo by Charles Prince.
Return to top