Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• May 30: An officer tried to stop a vehicle for an illegal U-turn, but the driver would not pull over and the officer noticed the vehicle was weaving as it traveled. When the vehicle finally stopped, the officer noticed the driver smelled of alcohol. The driver was cited for OVI.
• May 30: A driver was cited for traveling 48 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• May 30: Two drivers were each cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• June 2: An officer stopped a vehicle that was speeding and weaving. The driver, a Columbus woman, failed field sobriety tests and was in possession of marijuana. She was charged with OVI and illegal possession.
• June 3: Officer assisted Hebron Police with a woman who was cited for OVI and refused to cooperate with police.
• June 4: Two drivers were each cited for traveling 47 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• June 4: A driver was cited for traveling 48 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• June 4: A driver was cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• June 4: A Walnut Road woman said her son told her he would pay someone to hit her in the mouth.
• May 10: A Heath woman asked police to check on a relative at a North 7th Street home. Several people had been trying to contact her unsuccessfully for several days. The woman was eventually taken to the hospital for evaluation.
• May 11: Police checked out a report of a suspicious person on North Maple Drive at 11:06 p.m. Police located the subject who was an area resident out for a walk.
• May 12: A South High Street resident was stopped for a marked lane violation and was ultimately charged with OVI. He refused to submit to a BAC test. Police took him home.
• May 12: A Blackberry Lane resident reported the theft of her cell phone and $20 in quarters from her vehicle.
• May 12: Police were called to Forest Ridge Drive on a report of a hit-skip accident. The resident said a man driving a pickup truck backed into his vehicle and left the scene.