Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Feb. 29: A Columbus man was cited for driving the wrong way on a one-way street.
• Feb. 29: A driver was cited for traveling 51 in a 35 miles per our zone on Mill Dam Road.
• March 1: A driver was cited for traveling 51 in a 35 miles per our zone on Mill Dam Road.
• March 1: A Hebron man who was recently fired from his job was charged with aggravated menacing after he repeatedly threatened to kill his former boss.
• March 2: An officer was dispatched to a Buckeye Lake bar where a man was pinning a man who punched him to the ground. The man doing the punching was at the bar to find his girlfriend, with whom he had an argument earlier. The man who was punched told the puncher that his girlfriend didn’t want to talk to him, prompting him to take a swing at the man. The man who was punched took the hit, and then held the puncher to floor until police arrived.
• March 2: A driver was cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• March 2: A Highland Avenue man said an acquaintance stole his tools out of spite.
• March 5: A driver was cited for running a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• March 5: When a Smith Street woman was stopped for running a stop sign, the officer discovered she was driving with a suspended license.
• Feb. 9: Police were called to a Broadway Street address on a report of a stabbing. The victim said his older brother had stabbed him in the foot with a knife. He brother was arrested and charged with felonious assault. He was taken to jail.
• Feb. 9: A suspected shoplifter fled the custody of a loss prevention officer at the Kroger store. Police are reviewing the video.
• Feb. 9: An employee at Buckeye Outdoors complained about a man who continue to park his truck at the motel and then walk his dog behind Buckeye Outdoors.
• Feb. 10: Police took a report after a window was broken overnight at the Hoskinson-Schoedinger Funeral Home.
• Feb. 11: A driver was cited for failure to control after striking a vehicle on North High Street.
• Feb. 11: Police were called at 4:28 a.m. to a South 6th Street address on a report of a person yelling racial slurs. A woman yelling racial slurs drove by while police were talking to the complainant. She was advised to leave the area and stay away from the complainant.
• Feb. 12: Police assisted the Hebron Fire Department check on the welfare of a South High Street resident who missed church. She was OK.
• Feb. 12: Police were called to a report of a fight on South High Street. The two men present were both intoxicated, but there was no signs that a fight had taken place. The two were separated for the night.
• Feb. 12: A Raspberry Circle resident reported the possible theft of a vehicle.
• Feb. 12: Police were called to a Canal Road apartment on a report of a possible meth operation. The complainant reported smelling paint thinner and had seen a syringe outside the apartment. Police were given permission to enter the apartment and saw no sign of a meth operation.
• Feb. 13: A driver was cited for failure to assure clear distance ahead after his vehicle rear-ended a Lakewood school bus on West Main Street.
• Feb. 13: Police were called to the Best Western motel on a report of possible drug use in a guest room due to a foul odor coming from the room. No one was in the room.
• Feb. 13: A driver was cited for a traffic light violation on Ohio 79 at Enterprise Drive. The driver struck another vehicle as a result of the violation.
• Feb. 13: The vehicle reported as possibly stolen by a Raspberry Circle resident was recovered in the Kroger parking lot. Police processed it for evidence.
• Feb. 13: Police assisted the Licking County Sheriff’s Office serve a warrant at an Elm Street residence. After the woman was arrested on the warrant, police found drug paraphernalia on her. Charges are pending.
• Feb. 14: A driver was cited for going 53 mph in a 25 mph zone on Canal Road.
• Feb. 14: A Newark woman came to the police station to report that she was bitten by a dog while delivering a newspaper on 3rd Avenue.
• Feb. 14: A 7th Street resident reported that this juvenile stepdaughter was bitten by his dog while they were sledding.