Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Feb. 18: A Hebron man was being questioned about stolen property when he was found to be in possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. He was charged accordingly.
• Feb. 24: Police assisted the Ohio State Highway Patrol with a suspected OVI on I-70.
• Feb. 24: A Marsh Lane man said someone stole an air conditioning unit from his property.
• Feb. 25: A Columbus woman filed a complaint for telephone harassment. She said a man was harassing her in regards to her children.
• Feb. 25: A Hebron woman said someone illegally withdrew money from her online bank account. Her bank said she needed a police report to help resolve the situation.
• Feb. 26: A North Street woman said a person who was staying with her assaulted her, then fled on foot.
• Feb. 27: A Union Avenue woman said gloves were stolen from her car.
• Feb. 27: A Lake Inn employee said nearly $450 was stolen from the motel. The person who reported it suspects another employee stole the money.
• Feb. 27: A Duke service station employee said customer left without paying for $40.07 in gasoline. The same day another driver left without paying for $54.01 in gasoline.
• Feb. 27: A driver was cited for traveling 47 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Feb. 27: A driver was cited for traveling 48 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Feb. 7: Police responded to a report of an unruly juvenile at a South 8th Street home. When police learned she had assaulted her mother, she was arrested and turned over to a juvenile officer for transport to a juvenile detention center.
• Feb. 7: A man charged with shoplifting at the Kroger store was issued a summon to court in lieu of arrest.
• Feb. 7: A driver was cited for going 53 mph in a 35 mph zone on North High Street at Newark Street.
• Feb. 7: A driver was cited for a stop sign violaion at South High Street and Ohio 79. A passenger was cited for an open container after police found he had two open alcohol containers in his possession.
• Feb. 8: An employee at Sunfield Equipment told police that a man believed to be homeless had been found sleeping in a restroom at 7:15 a.m.. He had been asked to leave. The complainant wanted the incident documented.
• Feb. 8: Police were called to Bowman Tire and Repair on a report of a suspicious person walking around in the parking lot. The man told police he had asked for an employment application and was waiting for someone to bring him one. He left when police told him about the complaint.