Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Nov. 23: A Duke service station employee reported a customer left without paying for $36 of gasoline.
• Nov. 24: An officer was dispatched to a residence where a person was experiencing an overdose. After the officer arrived, a man entered the home, yelling and cursing at the officer, and interfering with the medics who were treating the overdose victim. The officer told the man to leave, which he did, but returned shortly to resume berating the officer. The officer told the man to quiet down, but the man refused and dared the officer to arrest him, which he did. The man kicked the inside of the cruiser and was unruly at the Buckeye Lake police station. Eventually, the man shattered the glass in the station’s front door. The officer tased the man, who immediately calmed down, and transported him to Licking County jail on charges of disorderly conduct and criminal mischief. Later the man apologized for the outburst, saying he’d been off his medication for a while.
• Nov. 25: A manager at the Bangkok City restaurant reported the theft of a 30 lb. case of shrimp.
• Nov. 26: A juvenile was reported missing.
• Nov. 26: A Cliff Street man was arrested on a Buckeye Lake Village warrant.
• Nov. 26: A driver was cited for traveling 50 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.