Boring makes his case for re-election
While out campaigning, I’ve been told that some folks are saying I haven’t done anything during my first term. Here’s a few of my accomplishments for you.
1. I worked with commissioners and the engineers to rebid the asphalt on the sewer project. The rebid saved $31,000 and allowed more streets to be resurfaced.
2. I reached an agreement with the Salem Farm owners to pay the township $15,000 for road repair. Otherwise it would have to come out of your taxes.
3. I was the trustee in charge of construction for our new fire station. We brought the project in under budget and now just a year later, have part-time paid help from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. By the end of the year we will owe approximately
50% of what the building originally cost.
4. I filed for CDBG Funds to pave Robinwood Estates. These funds are getting very hard to get and we weren’t funded this year. We’ll keep trying.
5. I plowed snow, as do all three trustees. We have one tractor, two large trucks and one pickup for plowing snow. There are 37+ miles of road in Thorn Township to clear, and it takes all of us to get the job done.
All of this is a matter of public record and can be checked. I am very proud of what I have accomplished in my first term as trustee and hope you will support my re-election on November 8th.