Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Sept. 21: An officer responded to a verbal dispute on Wood Street. The parties were split up, but one of the parties said the other returned and continued to yell after the officer left the scene.
• Sept. 22: A driver was cited for traveling 48 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Sept. 22: A driver was cited for traveling 47 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Sept. 23: A Cambridge, Ohio, woman said her estranged husband tricked her into meeting him at the Wendy’s restaurant parking lot. Once there, he alledgedly entered her car and began strangling her. She said he threatened to kill her. She managed to escape the vehicle and run away, but the husband fled the scene in her vehicle with her purse inside it. Police intercepted the husband and found the vehicle parked in Heath. The husband completely denied any involvement in the situation. The case is under investigation and several charges may be pending against the husband.
• Sept. 24: A driver ran a traffic light at Mill Dam Road.
• Sept. 26: A driver ran a stop sign on Hunts Landing Road.
• Sept. 26: Two drivers ran a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• Sept. 26: A Lake Street man said someone removed an air conditioning unit and a ladder from his property.
• Sept. 27: A driver ran a red light at Mill Dam and Hebron roads.
• Sept. 27: A driver was cited for traveling 50 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Sept. 28: A Walnut Road man said someone stole a Buckmaster bow from his truck.
• Sept. 28: A Walnut Road woman said someone stole CDs and the stereo from her car.
• Sept. 28: A driver ran a stop sign on Mill Dam Road.
• Sept. 28: A Walnut Road woman said someone vandalized her vehicle.
• Aug. 19: A driver was cited for going 63 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Aug. 20: Police on patrol saw a man carrying a small child and riding a dirt bike on the berm along Ohio 79. He was told that he couldn’t ride the bike on any public property.
• Aug. 21: Police responded to an alarm drop at the Commodore Bank ATM. Everything checked secure.
• Aug. 21: A Greenbriar Lane resident told police that someone toilet papered her swing set.
• Aug. 21: Police were called to the Dog Cabin on a complaint that someone was using the business’ trash container. Police are investigating.
• Aug. 21: A driver was cited for going 67 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Aug. 22: A Raspberry Circle woman said she had been stopped earlier by a Hebron officer when she was taking her ex-boyfriend home. She said he told her he was wanted on an active warrant and wondered why he wasn’t arrested. Police ran his information and it didn’t show an active warrant.
• Aug. 22: A Newark Street resident told police that someone broke out the back windows of both their vehicles overnight. It appeared that nothing was taken. Police took a report and photos.
• Aug. 22: Police were called about yelling and loud noises coming from a Canal Road apartment. Police spoke with a couple that had gotten into a verbal dispute over a text message that had been sent to the female half. She told police that she had jumped off the couch during the argument and punched the wall. Neither party had any signs of injury. They were told to separate for the night.
• Aug. 22: A Broadway Street resident reported that her mailbox was damaged during the night.
• Aug. 22: A Broad Street resident reported hearing juveniles during the night. When he checked outside, he said they ran away but left a bike. Police placed the bike in storage.
• Aug. 22: A Maple Street resident said his satellite dish quit working about 2 a.m. When he checked on it, he found that it had been damaged. Police took photos.
• Aug. 22: An Elm Street woman told police she was out walking her dog when a named man tried to get her into his vehicle. She quickly went inside and called police. Police spoke with both parties and are investigating.
• Aug. 22: Police checked out a report of juveniles on the roof of the elementary school kicking the vent pipes. No one was there when police arrived.
• Aug. 22: A West North Street woman reported that her front window screen was bowed out slightly like someone had attempted to pry it off. She asked for additional police patrols in the area.
• Aug. 22: An East Main Street resident reported that the back window of her vehicle was broken out during the night.
• Aug. 22: A Canal Road apartment resident told police she got into a verbal argument with her live-in boyfriend. She now wanted to leave with her father and take their children. She said her boyfriend refused to let her take the children. Police told him that since they aren’t married, the mother has rights to the children. He let them leave with her.