Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Aug. 24: A Central Avenue man said someone stole medications from his vehicle.
• Aug. 27: A Duke service station employee reported a customer stole $30 in gasoline.
• Aug. 29: A Duke service station employee reported a customer stole $54.30 in gasoline.
• Aug. 29: A driver was cited for traveling 51 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• July 13: A driver was cited for a stop sign violation on an off ramp off Ohio 79 at East Main Street.
• July 13: A driver was cited for going 64 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40. Police discovered that the driver was under suspension. The vehicle was impounded.
• July 14: A Canal Road apartment resident reported that after being away overnight that someone had come thru the rear door and had taken her plasma TV, DVD’s, jewelry, clothing and her depression medication.
• July 14: A driver was cited for going 41 mph in a 25 mph zone on East Main Street at Basin Street.
• July 15: Police were called to the Kroger store on a report of a man causing a disturbance. The man said he was yelling because he lost $20 and was very upset. He passed a field sobriety test after bing escorted out of the store.
• July 15: A Hamilton Avenue resident complained about a woman going door-to-door selling cleaning supplies. Police located the tidy saleswomen and asked if she had a permit. She contacted her supervisor who picked her up and left the village.
• July 16: A vehicle was stopped for excessive speed on Ohio 79 at US 40. The driver didn’t have a license. Police told his mother that he and the other four juveniles in the vehicle would need a ride home.
• July 17: A driver was cited for expired license plates on West Main Street.