Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
We’ll catch up next week.
• Feb. 26: Police on patrol at 8:27 p.m. saw a man sitting in front of Hayman’s Dari Bar with a large sack and a stick. The 57-year-old man said he was just resting and would be on his way. Police asked if he wanted a ride or to go to a homeless shelter. He asked for a ride to the edge of town. Police dropped him off at the Kroger store.
• Feb. 26: A driver was cited for going 65 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at Enterprise Drive.
• Feb. 27: A driver was cited for going 64 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Feb. 27: A driver was cited for going 66 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Feb. 27: Police responded to a 9-1-1 hang-up call from Buckeye Outdoors. A manager told police he saw a man in the parking lot having a seizure and he called 9-1-1 as he was heading outside. When the man’s friend told him the seizures were normal he hung up. Both men had left when police arrived.
• Feb. 27: A driver was cited for driving under suspension.
• Feb. 27: Police were dispatched at 8:37 pm. for a domestic dispute at a Canal Road apartment. The female half told police her boyfriend had choked her and kicked down the door to her apartment. The boyfriend was arrested for domestic violence and taken to jail.
• Feb. 28: A driver was cited for going 67 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 in front of THK.
• Feb. 28: One driver was cited for failure to yield on a left turn following a non-injury accident at Ohio 79 and O’Neill Drive.
• Feb. 28: A Park National Bank employee found a counterfeit $20 bill in a deposit from the Duke station. Duke employees weren’t able to provide any information on who may have passed it.
• Feb. 28: An East Main Street resident asked about the welfare of her neighbor who she hadn’t seen for several days. Her neighbor was in jail.
• March 1: Police were called to the Kroger store on a woman detained for shoplifting some makeup. The loss prevention manager decided not to press charges given the item’s $4 value. However, the woman was banned from the store.
• March 1: Police arrested and charged a person detained at the Kroger store for shoplifting.
• March 1: Police were called at 10:35 p.m. to the area of Westview Drive and Kelly Drive on a report of someone yelling for help. Police found a 26-year-old man who was extremely intoxicated and yelling for help. He said his father got upset at him and locked him outside. Police helped him back into the house and woke up his father to see if he was OK. His father was upset to woken up, but was OK. Police took his son to go to bed for the night.
• March 2: A Maple Avenue mother asked police to take a report after her 13 year-old daughter lost her temper and destroyed a door. Her daughter was already in a juvenile court diversion program.
• March 2: Police were called to Sunfield Equipment after an employee about to be terminated decided to quit. Once he quit, he stated screaming at supervisors and threatening to fight them if he saw them outside of work. Managers didn’t want him charged, but did want to document the incident.
• March 2: Police stopped a vehicle after a random license check came back to a dark green Ford instead of the silver Toyota that the plates were on. Police also discovered that the driver was driving under a child support license suspension. He was cited for that violation and warned for failure to properly transfer his plates.