Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Feb. 23: A Heath woman said someone damaged her vehicle.
• Feb. 25: A Walnut Road man said someone shattered his truck’s side window and stole several items from the vehicle.
• Feb. 26: A driver was warned for speed, but cited for not wearing a seatbelt.
• Feb. 26: A driver was warned for speed, but the passenger was cited for not wearing a seatbelt.
• Feb. 27: A Pomeroy, Ohio woman said someone stole several items from her vehicle.
• March 1: A Walnut Road woman’s son was charged with criminal damaging after he damaged a door following a loud verbal dispute between mother and son.
• Feb. 1: A woman said her ex-boyfriend was calling her and had screamed at her. He was told to stop calling her.
• Feb. 1: A South 7th Street father said his 15-year-old son had an argument with him and he took his cell phone away. He said his son became irate and punched holes in the wall in his room. The father wanted police to discuss possible repercussions for his son if he continued to act in this manner.
• Feb. 2: Police were called to a reported active domestic dispute at 4:48 a.m. at the Canal Road apartments. The complainant said her boyfriend had assaulted her and fled on foot. Charges will be filed.
• Feb. 2: Police were called to the Kroger store after a woman and her two children were detained for shoplifting. The juveniles were released to their grandmother. Charges will be filed on the mother. She was also trespassed from the store.
• Feb. 2: A repo man called a South 5th Street home in an attempt to locate a vehicle. He told police he spoke with an elderly woman who he said sounded like she was in trouble. Police went to the home and after getting no response at the door, started looking in the windows. Police saw an elderly woman in a rocking chair with her head between her knees. Police said she looked like she was having trouble breathing. Police called the squad and found an unlocked door to enter the home. The woman had fallen asleep and she checked out OK.
• Feb. 3: Police arrested a woman at a Heath motel on a warrant. She was taken to jail.
• Feb. 3: A driver was cited for a stop sign violation at 9th and North streets.
• Feb. 3: A driver was cited for going 63 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Feb. 4: Police assisted Childrens Services remove a child for a Canal Road apartment.
• Feb. 4: A Lakewood Drive resident told police that a named man was staying at his former residence because he had no where to go. The complainant had been evicted and didn’t want to get in trouble for the man continuing to stay there. Police talked with the homeless man and took him to a local shelter.
• Feb. 5: Police checked Ohio 79 north from I-70 for a possible impaired driver. No one impaired was found.
• Feb. 6: Police were called at 12:35 a.m. about a suspicious persona and vehicle in the lot. Police discovered that an employee was sitting in a car with her mother. Her mother was waiting for her to get off work.
• Feb. 6: Police assisted a Licking County Sheriff’s Office deputy with a BAC test.
• Feb. 6: A Canal Road apartment resident said his wife assaulted him. His wife was arrested for domestic violence and taken to jail.