Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Dec. 17: A Mill Street man was video recorded shoplifting a shirt from the Goodwill store. The man later returned to the Goodwill store only be identified and arrested. He was charged with theft.
• Dec. 19: A Walnut Road woman was observed stumbling intoxicated in the middle of Hebron Road, several vehicles nearly hitting her. She was placed under arrest and charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• Dec. 19: A Walnut Road man was charged with illegally passing another vehicle on Walnut Road.
• Dec. 19: A Leroy Street woman said someone broke into her home while she was away and stole several items.
• Dec. 19: A domestic violence call at a Walnut Street residence turned out to be a verbal dispute. No charges were filed.
• Dec. 20: A Duke service station employee reported that a customer left without paying for $35.90 in gas.
• Dec. 20: A Union Street woman allowed her husband to drive her vehicle when she was aware he was driving with a suspended license. He was charged with driving under suspension and she was charged with wrongful entrustment.
Hebron • Dec. 5: Police responded to an alarm drop at Crossroads Dental. A painter couldn’t get the security code to work.
• Dec. 5: A Lakewood Drive mother said her son left his bike at the youth center on Main Street and someone took it. She called police after she found it behind an apartment building. Police spoke with a resident who said he took the bike because he found it next to the dumpster. The complainant didn’t want to press charges.
• Dec. 5: A Buckeye Lake man reported the theft of a gun from his vehicle while parked in the Kroger lot.
• Dec. 5: Charges are pending after a Broadway Street resident had a dispute with her separated husband over a custody issue and he damaged her property.
• Dec. 6: A driver was cited for making a U-turn on Ohio 79 at South High Street.
• Dec. 6: Police are investigating a shoplifting incident at the Duke station that was caught on a security tape.
• Dec. 8: A driver was cited for going 46 mph in a 25 mph zone on Canal Road.
• Dec. 9: Police on patrol at 1:57 a.m. checked out a suspicious vehicle in the McDonald’s parking lot. The driver said he was waiting for a friend. His story checked out.
• Dec. 9: A driver was cited for a stop sign violation on South 4th Street and East Main.
• Dec. 9: Another driver was cited for a stop sign violation on an Ohio 79 off ramp to US 40.
• Dec. 9: Police were called about an upstairs apartment resident playing a TV and music too loud. The resident told police that the complainant plays her music too loud so she has to urn up her music and TV to hear it. Both were told to keep the volume down.
• Dec. 10: Police responded to a one-vehicle injury accident on North High Street after a driver went off the right side of the road and struck a utility pole. She was taken to the hospital.
• Dec. 10: A North Maple Street resident complained about a woman selling steaks door-todoor who became very pushy and tried to enter her home. Police checked the area but didn’t find the cattle pusher.
• Dec. 10: Police removed a deer carcass from the roadway in front of the police station.
• Dec. 10: Police took a report after a motorist left the Duke station without paying for $10 of fuel.
• Dec. 11: Police responded to assist a Licking County Sheriff’s Office deputy with a person slumped over in a vehicle parked at the Speedway station. It turned out the woman had fallen asleep in her vehicle.
• Dec. 11: Police took a report on a non-injury crash at North 7th and West North streets.
• Dec. 12: Police on patrol at 3 a.m. saw a vehicle with the key in the ignition and the doors unlocked behind the Kroger store. Police drove around to the front of the store and saw three employees standing outside. The unsecured vehicle belonged to the girlfriend of one of the employees. He had borrowed it to go to work. He agreed to secure it.
• Dec. 12: Police assisted a Licking County Sheriff’s Office deputy locate a driver who fled the scene of a crash on Refugee Road just east of Ohio 37.
• Dec. 12: Police assisted the LCSO by responding to an alarm drop on Milliken Drive. Police found an open man door. The vacant building checked OK.
• Dec. 12: A Lakeforest Drive resident reported that two juveniles rang her doorbell several times and then ran away. Police didn’t locate the bellringers.
• Dec. 12: Police were called to the Kroger store lot on a private property accident. A Colorado driver said she thought the grass area beside the store was paved. Her vehicle got stuck when she drove on it.
• Dec. 12: Police took a report on a private property accident between a semi and a car at Harry & David’s.
• Dec. 12: Police stopped a vehicle for a marked lanes violation and ultimately charged the driver with OVI.