Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Aug. 7: A motorist was cited for driving 51 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Aug. 7: A motorist was cited for driving 53 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Aug. 7: A Duke service station employee reported a customer drove off without paying for $20 in gas.
• Aug. 8: A 2nd Street woman said someone broke into her home and stole several items.
• Aug. 10: A Walnut Road driver was cited for going the wrong way on Union Street, which is a one-way street.
• July 13: A driver was cited for going 44 mph in a 25 mph zone on Canal Road.
• July 13: Police checked out a report of two men using drugs behind the elementary school. Police found the tow suspects and found a marijuana pipe on one of them He was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and released with a court summons.
• July 13: Police assisted Buckeye Lake Police in a search for a missing four-year-old child. The child was found near his home just after police activated Hebron’s Community Response Team to assist in the search.
• July 14: A Newark woman told police and a sheriff’s deputy at the Speedway station that a red truck had been following her most of the day. She was unable to provide a make or license number.
• July 14: A South High Street woman wanted police to document that two eggs were throw on her porch overnight.
• July 14: Police checked out a report of an electric scooter riding in the roadway on Hamilton Avenue. Police didn’t see the scooter.
• July 15: A Raspberry Circle resident told police he either lost his wallet or it was stolen. He wasn’t sure where it happened. He wanted police to document it.
• July 15: Police on patrol at 3:14 a.m. heard an audible alarm and tracked it to Hayman’s Dari Bar. Police checked the area and business. Everything was secure. The alarm also stopped.
• July 16: Police responded to an alarm drop at Buckeye Outdoors. Everything checked secure. The alarm sounded after an area-wide power outage.
• July 16: Police checked the North Maple Drive area for a reported pit bull dog running free. Police didn’t see the dog.
• July 16: A South 7th Street resident complained about someone tampering with the fuel tank on his vehicle. He said it was running fine and abruptly quit. A mechanic told him he thought someone put something corrosive in the tank. The complainant and police are waiting for test results on the fuel.
• July 17: A driver was cited for traveling 65 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79.
• July 17: Police took a report after two males broke into a pop machine at the Best Western Inn. This is the second time the same two men have broken into the same pop machine. They were captured on a security video both times, but so far police have not been able to get them identified. Both incidents are still under investigation.
• July 17: Police were dispatched to a domestic dispute at the Best Western. Police stopped the male half in the Kroger parking lot. He acknowledged having an argument with his wife, claiming she was not trying to get him arrested. His wife told police he hit her in the neck with a water bottle. Police didn’t find any signs of physical violence nor were there any marks on the female half. The parties were separated.
• July 17: Police arrested a woman detained for shop lifting at Kroger’s. She was taken to jail.
• July 17: Police arrested a man detained for shop lifting at Kroger’s. He allegedly admitted to trying to steal a case of beer. He was taken to jail.
• July 17: Police checked the area after a Canal Road resident reported a scratching sound outside her apartment. She said her apartment had recently been broken into. Police didn’t find anything to explain the noise.
• July 18: Police were called to an active domestic dispute on Westview Drive. The complainant told police that the female suspect was trying to leave the area in her motor home. Police arrived before she could leave. She was arrested for domestic violence and OVI. She was taken to jail.
• July 18: Police arrested a woman detained for shop lifting at Kroger’s. She was taken to jail.
• July 19: A Lakewood Drive man said someone had entered his apartment and taken a lock box. Police are investigating.
• July 19: A driver was cited for going 64 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• July 19: A driver was cited for a stop sign violation on West 2nd Street at Cumberland.
• July 19: Police took a report after a driver left the Duke station without paying for fuel.
• July 19: Police were dispatched to assist Buckeye Lake Police with a traffic stop where the vehicle was failing to stop. Buckeye Lake Police got the vehicle stopped at Ohio 79 and I-70. Police conducted a field sobriety test for BLPD on the driver. The driver failed and was arrested for OVI.
• July 20: Police on patrol at 12:01 a.m. saw a vehicle pull behind a Lakewood Drive apartment building. Police learned the man was moving out.
• July 20: A Canal Road apart ment resident asked police to talk with two juveniles and their parents after she saw them throw an egg at her door. Police spoke with a father and a grandfather.
• July 20: Police arrested a person detained for shop lifting at Kroger’s.
• July 21: Police responded to an alarm drop at Buckeye Outdoors at 12:12 a.m. Everything checked secure.
• July 21: Police cited a driver for a stop sign violation on 8th Street at North Street.
• July 22: Police took a report on a private property accident after two vehicles collided in the Duke station parking lot.
• July 22: The owner of Brad’s Recycling said a relative and her boyfriend cam to the business seeking gas and money. After getting gas, they were seen taking a catalytic converter. They fled when confronted by an employee. Police later learned they tried to sell it at a Newark scrap yard.