Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
Correction: The June 26 edition Buckeye Lake Police reports stated that on June 16 a Leroy Street woman found a bag full of kittens in a nearby stream. The cats were in the stream, but they were not in a bag.
• July 7: Someone vandalized a soft drink machine at the North Shore Boat Ramp.
• July 7: An officer responded to a call of an aggressive German Shepard. Its owner was advised.
• July 7: A Leroy Street woman said someone was throwing rocks at her cat.
• July 7: A Millersport man was cited for driving the wrong way on a one-way street.
• July 8: A Newark man said someone broke into his Buckeye Lake property and stole several items.
• July 9: A Park Street woman said someone broke into her home and stole cash and prescription drugs.
• July 10: A motorcyclist was cited for going 61 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mill Dam Rd. The rider said he was getting used to the bike.
• July 11: Officer responded to a fight call at a Walnut Road residence. The non-resident involved was barred from returning to the property.
• July 12: A Cranberry Lane resident said she found an electric power washer.
• June 16: A driver was cited for going 69 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• June 16: A driver was cited for a stop sign violation on Lakewood Drive at West Main Street.
• June 18: Police saw a driver leave the Duke station at a high rate of speed and then pass two vehicles. Police stopped the driver who said one of the drivers ahead of him had “flipped him off” and he was trying to catch up with them. When he did, he told police both drivers started riding their brakes so he passed them. He was warned for reckless driving.
• June 18: A Jacksontown Road woman said she lost her Blackberry phone at the Kroger store. While making a report at the store, she overheard a phone in a checkout line talking about a phone. She said the woman quickly ran out of the store with the phone.
• June 19: Police were dispatched at 3:36 a.m. to assist Buckeye Lake Police with a reported fight in Leisure Village. It turned out to be a group of friends talking loudly outside.
• June 19: A driver was cited for a stop sign violation on West 2nd Street at Cumberland.
• June 20: Police on patrol at 2:30 a.m. saw a man sitting at a picnic table at Hayman’s Dari Bar. He told police that his vehicle was across the street at the Duke station and he was waiting for a friend. Police told him to leave the premises.
• June 20: A complainant flagged police down at 4:32 a.m., reporting that he had been jumped and beaten behind the Duke station by two males that drove off in a red Chevy pickup truck.
• June 20: Police took a report on the theft of a 2003 Ford pickup from a Forest Ridge driveway. The keys had been left in the truck.