Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Feb. 25: Walnut Road man said someone keyed (scratched) his vehicle.
• Feb. 27: A Hebron man was cited for running a red light at Mill Dam Road.
• Feb. 28: A driver was cited for going 51 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Feb. 28: A driver was cited for going 50 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Feb. 28: A Hebron man was warned for speeding but cited for not wearing a seat belt.
• Feb. 28: A Reynoldsburg man drove off the side of Hebron Road, into a culvert and struck a pole. He failed field sobriety tests. While he was being processed at the police station, a bag of marijuana fell from his jeans’ pocket. The man was charged with OVI, failure to control his vehicle, and possession of marijuana.
• Feb. 9: Police cited a driver for a traffic light violation on East Main Street at Arrowhead Boulevard.
• Feb. 9: Police responded to an alarm drop at the Duke station. It was accidentally tripped during training.
• Feb. 9: Police took a crash report after a vehicle slid into a semi at Arrowhead Boulevard and East Main Street.
• Feb. 8: Police responded to an alarm drop at Allied Tube. Police saw an open man door but didn’t see any tracks in the snow. Police checked the building, secured the door and left a message for the keyholder.
• Feb. 11: Police were asked to check the welfare of a Broadway Street woman after several calls from Social Services were picked up but no one came on the phone. The woman was OK and police got her phone working properly.
• Feb. 12: Police on patrol at 2:07 a.m. saw a man walking southbound along Ohio 79. He said he was walking from Newark to his Buckeye Lake home. Police gave him a ride home.
• Feb. 12: A driver was cited after running into the back of a vehicle at Main and High streets.
• Feb. 12: Police were called after a driver left the Duke station without paying for $37.78 worth of gas. Police told the driver to pay for the gas and also issued a trespass order at the manager’s request.
• Feb. 13: Police dispatched a sick raccoon in a back yard on Kevin Street.
• Feb. 13: Police were dispatched to a Lakewood Drive apartment on a report of an active domestic. A male was charged with domestic violence and felonious assault. He was taken to jail.