Bids due Feb. 23 for new middle school
Meanwhile, work continues on the first phase of the high school renovation. “The work seems very good,” Superintendent Paul Mathews told board members Monday night. The first phase which is the western side of the first floor should be done by April 1. The second phase is half of the second floor.
District Treasurer David Butler had some good news for board members. Income tax revenue is received four times a year – last day of July, October, January and April. January’s receipts were $36,000 more than anticipated, but still $23,000 less than last year. Butler had projected that receipts would fall about 10 percent this year, but so far it looks more like 5 percent. So far this fiscal year, income tax revenues are down $119,000 from last year.
Board members decided to stick with last year’s committee assignments with the exception that Shaun Hochradel will takeover Kevin Byers’ assignments.
• Athletic Council: Art Brate and John Hutton;
• Transportation: Mike Raver and Hutton;
• Land Lab: Brate and Hutton;
• Curriculum & Technology: Hochradel and Raver;
• Student Achievement: Hochradel;
• Buildings & Grounds: Brate and Hutton;
• Finance: Joe Farmer and Brate;
• Personnel: Farmer and Raver;
• Labor Management: Farmer;
• Legislative Liaison: Farmer;
• Policy Review: Hochradel Board members also approved Susan Steffen as the summer physical education teacher and Ruth Lockwood as the summer health teacher. Students will pay $100 for each course.
Kevin Yates was awarded a supplemental contract for sixth grade outdoor education. Dan Roshon was hired as a cleaner/ custodian substitute.
Travis Reeves and Eligah Varney were the co-studentsof the-month. Reeves, a senior, is the son of Bill and Cassie Reeves. He is active in FFA and the AQHA.
Varney, a sophomore, is the son of John and Dawn Varney. He is a honor student and active with Chorale, Ensemble, yearbook and his church. Middle school intervention teach Mallory James was selected by her fellow teachers as the teacher-of-the-month.
The board’s next regular meeting is set for 7 p.m. on Monday, March 8 in the high school library.