Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Jan. 27: A Heath woman said someone dumped old carpet onto her Buckeye Lake property. The person who dumped it was identified and agreed to move it the next morning.
• Jan. 29: A Central Avenue woman was cited for allowing her dog to roam freely in violation of a leash law. The dog was reported to be aggressive.
• Jan. 30: A driver was cited for going 54 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 30: A driver was cited for going 48 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 31: A driver was cited for going 52 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Jan. 31: A driver was cited for going 49 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Jan. 31: A driver was cited for going 54 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Feb. 2: A Hebron man said someone opened his vehicle’s passenger door and spat on his passenger as he waited in a drive-through lane. The man said the person later threw something at his vehicle.
• Feb. 2: A Central Avenue man said a pit bull chased him back into his house. Animal control was called and the dog was taken to the pound.
• Jan. 13: A driver was cited for a stop sign violation on an Ohio 79 off ramp to US 40.
• Jan. 14: Police took a report after someone brought into the cash box on a vacuum at Canyon Car Wash.
• Jan. 14: Police stoodby while a woman removed her belongings from her sister’s apartment.
• Jan. 14: Police stopped a driver for a stop sign violation on an Ohio 79 off ramp to US 40. Police noticed the driver was driving under suspension and issued citations for both offenses.
• Jan. 15: A motorist was cited for travelling 63 mph in 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Jan. 16: A Buckeye Lake fire fighter asked to borrow a measuring wheel for an accident report.
• Jan. 16: Police were dispatched to a Lakewood Drive apartment on a 9-1-1 hang-up call. Police discovered that woman had been assaulted by a man there. He was arrested and taken to jail.
• Jan. 17: Police were dispatched at 2:11 a.m. to a Forest Ridge Drive home to remove a person from the home. A man there wanted his wife’s family removed. His wife said she wanted to take their child and leave with her mother. Her husband said she had been at a bar all night while he watched the baby at home. His wife told police that he called her and said she needed to come home or he was going out and leaving the child with someone. Police told him that his wife could leave with their child. The husband became very upset and call the highway patrol post demanding that a trooper handle the call. His call was transferred to the sheriff’s office where he then demanded a deputy handle the call. While he was on the phone, his wife got their child. Her mother said they were going to her house and told police she had not been drinking. Police didn’t detect any alcohol odor on her. They left while the husband was still on the phone, now claiming that everyone was drunk. Police advised dispatch that the child was safe.
• Jan. 17: Two motorists were cited for excessive speed on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• Jan. 17: Police stopped a driver for going the wrong way on Ohio 79 at 8:45 p.m. She told police she was unfamiliar with the area. Police got her oriented.