Licking County Health Department sets flu clinic schedule
NEWARK - The Licking County Health Department will begin this year's seasonal flu clinics in mid-September and run through mid-October. There may be additional programs for flu offered later in the year to cover the H1N1 virus strain (swine flu), but those will be announced when additional information becomes available.
Flu vaccine is recommended for high risk individuals including the elderly, anyone with a long term health or immune problem, infants (6 months or older), all children, and teens. Healthy adults are also encouraged to get the seasonal flu vaccine. Pregnant women are strongly urged to get flu vaccine this year.
Medicare, MediGold, and Anthem will be accepted for seniors covered by Medicare. Others covered by Medicaid can present their cards for this coverage. For those not covered by these programs, there is a $25 fee; however, no high risk individuals will be denied service due to inability to pay. Fees for children are $10 each with a maximum of $40 total for all children per family.
The following clinics are designed to primarily serve adults. Families with children are encouraged to come to one of our children's clinics. For more information about these clinics please call 740-349-6535 or visit our website at www.lickingcohealth. org.
• Wednesday 9/16/09 @ Licking County Health Dept. 1:30-3:00 pm
• Friday 9/18/09 @ Licking County Health Dept. 2:30-3:30 pm
• Tuesday 9/22/09 @ Zerger Hall, 745 E. Main St. 10:30- 11:30 am
• Wednesday 9/23/09 @ Licking County Health Dept. 1:30- 2:30 pm
• Friday 9/25/09 @ Licking County Health Dept. 9:00-10:00 am
• Wednesday 9/30/09 @ Licking County Health Dept. 3:00- 4:00 pm
Monday 10/5/09 @ Heath Municipal Bldg., 1287 Hebron Rd. 10:00-10:30 am
Wednesday 10/7/09 @Our Lady Catholic Church, Walnut Rd., Buckeye Lake, 9:30-10:30 am
• Wednesday 10/7/09 @ Licking Co Health Dept. 2:00-3:00 pm
• Thursday 10/8/09 @ LEADS Pataskala, 12536 Adams Lane 12:00-12:45 pm
• Friday 10/9/09 @ Granville Public Library 9:30-10:15 am
• Friday 10/9/09 @ Licking Co Health Dept. 11:00-11:45 am
• Wednesday 10/14/09 @ Licking Co Health Dept 8:30- 9:15 am