Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Aug. 23: A Walnut Road man was cited for running a traffic light violation on Mill Dam Road.
• Aug. 27: A Lancaster man tried to pay for a meal at Our Lakeside Diner with a bad check.
• Aug. 28: A Union Avenue man interrupted an attempt to rob his house. The man was unable to identify the robber, who quickly fled the scene before stealing anything.
• Aug. 28: A Rosebraugh Circle man said someone stole several items from his car.
• Aug. 29: A Reynoldsburg man was caught hiding in tall grass near a Walnut Road residence, trying to hide from police after urinating on the resident's car and shouting obscenities at the resident. The man was charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• Aug. 30: A driver was cited for going 55 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• Aug. 31: A driver was cited for going 59 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Walnut Road.
• July 20: Police charged a female driver with OVI.
• July 29: An East Main Street apartment resident reported the theft of beer.
• Aug. 1: Police charged a driver with driving under suspension.
• Aug. 1: Police took a report on an attempted suicide at the nursing home.
• Aug. 6: A man reported an assault on East Main Street.
• Aug. 7: Police charged a motorist with driving under suspension.
• Aug. 8: Police charged a driver with reckless operation.
• Aug. 9: Police charged a female driver with reckless operation and an open container of alcohol in vehicle.
• Aug. 9: Police charged a male driver with an open container of alcohol in vehicle.
• July 18 to Aug. 9: Police issued 32 traffic citations and 14 traffic warnings.
• Aug. 25: Police took a report of a missing credit card on Lancaster Street.
• Aug. 25: A driver was cited for excessive speed in the school zone on Lancaster Street.
• Aug. 25: Police took a report on an attempted break-in at the Millersport Pharmacy.
• Aug. 28: Police were at the Millersport High School football game when a juvenile was struck by a vehicle in the parking lot. Police said the juvenile driver smelled of alcohol and was given field sobriety tests. The driver was taken into custody and taken to the Millersport Police station where he tested three times the legal limit for an individual under 21 years of age. The victim was taken to Childrens Hospital.
• Aug. 28: Police Chief Lewis would like to personally thank Phantom Fireworks for the fireworks display during the dedication of the Ken Keener Track and Field Facility. Due to an error, another company was given credit for the donation.
• Aug. 31: Police remind resident that if they need an officer please call the Fairfield County Dispatch Center at 653-5223 or it if it's an emergency call 9-1-1. Calling any other number will simply delay the response, since officers are only dispatched at these two numbers. Do not call the village office if you need an officer.