Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports. We'll have more reports next week.
• Aug. 20: A Walnut Road man reported someone damaged his vehicle.
• Aug. 22: A driver was cited for going 49 in a 35 miles per hour zone on Mill Dam Road.
• Aug. 22: Police advised an intoxicated Thornville man to leave a bar. The man said he had a ride, but shortly thereafter police received a call saying the man was at another bar waving a gun, making threats, and damaging property. The man resisted arrest, was tased, and taken to the police station. The officer agreed to release the man from handcuffs at the station after he promised to behave, but the man promptly threw a laptop computer to the floor, and then vomited. He was charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• Aug. 23: A driver was cited for a stop sign violation on Hebron Road.
.• Aug. 11: Police tried to locate a juvenile for the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office at Lakeside and Millersport roads.
• Aug. 11: Police assisted Fairfield County Sheriff's Office by responding to an alarm drop on North Bank Road.
• Aug. 12: Police warned a driver for an equipment violation on Lancaster Street at Jason Avenue.
• Aug. 12: Police were called to a Lynn Avenue address on a report of vandalism.
• Aug. 13: Police stopped a motorcycle on Refugee Street for improper license plates.
• Aug. 14: Police assisted the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office with a 3:05 a.m. 9-1-1 call from a North Bank address. Upon arrival police found that the female caller was extremely intoxicated. She told police someone had stolen her pack of cigarettes. She was advised that misuse of the 9-1-1 emergency system is a offense subject to arrest.
• Aug. 14: Police on patrol found a juvenile out at 3:43 a.m. at 6th Street and Canal Drive. Police took his information and a curfew violation charge is pending.
• Aug. 15: Police took a report of a breaking and entering on Lynn Avenue.
• Aug. 17: Police returned a found cell phone to its 8th Avenue owner.
• Aug. 18: Police took a report of a theft on Lynn Avenue.
• Aug. 19: Police stopped 12 vehicles for exceeding the speed limit in the school zone on Lancaster Street. Nine drivers were given warnings and three were cited.
• Aug. 20: Police issued two warnings and two citations for excessive speed in the school zone on Lancaster Street.
• Aug. 20: Police assisted the county dog warden at a Lancaster Street home. The resident was issued three citations and three warnings concerning three pit bull dogs.
• Aug. 23: Police responded to the high school on an alarm drop. Everything checked out OK.
• Aug. 23: A driver was stopped and warned for a traffic violation on Lancaster Street.