Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
• Aug. 5: Police responded to a report of a dometic dispute on Slocum Avenue.
• Aug. 7:Police assisted a park officer with a BAC test.
• Aug. 7: Police assisted a park officer with four intoxicated and belligerent boaters.
• Aug. 8: Police responded to an alarm drop at a North Bank residence. Everything checked secure.
• Aug. 8: Police responded to a report of a possible fight on Mill Dam Road. No one there when police arrived.
• Aug. 8: Police assisted the Licking County Sheriff's Office in trying to locate an impaired driver.
• Aug. 9: A KOA campground manager asked police to remove unruly guests, who left without incident.
• Aug. 9: A Leroy Street man said his neighbor ran over his cat. The neighbor said he didn't realize he did it, apologized, and offered to replace the cat with a kitten.
• Aug. 9: A resident called about a suspicious parked vehicle. Two juveniles were sitting in it. Officer contacted one of their fathers, who instructed them to come home.
• Aug. 10: A Hebron Road woman flagged down an officer, saying that her live-in boyfriend assaulted her mother. The boyfriend was arrested on a probation violation. Intoxicated, he fought with police and later tried to escape custody. Officers subdued him and eventually took him to jail.
• Aug. 10: Police assisted Thornville Police with a BAC test.
• July 28: Police were dispatched to check out a report of juveniles with drugs on Chautauqua Boulevard.
• July 28: Police assisted the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office on Alder Drive in Fairfield Beach.
• July 29: Millersport Police participated with the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office, ODNR's Division of Parks, Watercraft and Wildlife on a live radio talk show about law enforcement around Buckeye Lake. Inclement weather forced the show inside to the Buckeye Lake Marina.
• July 31: Police took a report on a theft from a vehicle on Lynn Avenue.
• Aug. 1: Police took a report on an injury accident at Refugee Street and Ohio 204.
• Aug. 3: Police assisted a motorist on 4th Street who had locked her keys inside her vehicle.
• Aug. 4: Police responded to a report of a burglary in progress in the area of 7th Street and Canal Drive.
• Aug. 6: Police assisted the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office by responding to an alarm drop on Maple Avenue.
• Aug. 7: Police were called to the Lakewood Apartments on Refugee Street on a report of a disturbance.
• Aug. 7: An intoxicated male was arrested on East Park at Firehouse Alley. He was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He was taken to the Fairfield County jail.