Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports.
Buckeye Lake • We'll catch up next week.
• April 19: A motorist was cited for excessive speed on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• April 19: Police cited a driver at Krogers for driving under suspension.
• April 20: Police were called about a person breaking into a Forest Ridge home at 12:30 p.m. The man said he was contracted to do some maintenance for a bank that had foreclosed on the home.
• April 21: A motorist was cited for excessive speed on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• April 21: Police on patrol at 1:09 p.m. saw a vehicle partially hidden behind some buildings at Evans Park. As police pulled up, hey saw the two occupants frantically dressing. The man was 36 years old and his companion was 34. They were told that their activities were inappropriate for the park and told to leave.
• April 22: Police on patrol at 1:46 a.m. found an open door at Bowman's Tire & Repair. The door was secured and the owner was notified.
• April 22: A motorist was cited for travelling 39 mph in a 25 mph zone on Canal Road.
• April 22: Police were called about an open door at a Maple Street home. The home checked OK and there was no sign of forced entry. Police discovered that the door latch was worn out. The door was secured and a note left for the homeowner.
• April 23: Police were asked to bar a person from the Duke station who had just been fired for theft.
• April 23: A driver was cited for going 68 mph in a 50 mph zone on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• April 23: A concession stand worker at Evans Park asked a man with a large dog to leave the park. He refused, but was gone when police arrived.
• April 23: Police were called to Evans Park on a complaint that two male juveniles tried to et into the complainant' purse and steal some cigarettes. She saw what was happening and ran them off. Police checked the area but didn't find them.
• April 23: A driver was cited for speed on Ohio 79 at US 40.
• April 23: Police on patrol at 11:53 p.m. saw an open door on a storage shed behind a Lakeforest Drive home. The door had been left open when the owner got out a mower.
• Police cited a motorist for a traffic light violation and driving under a suspended license at Refugee and Lancaster streets.
• Chief Lewis attended the Fairfield County Grand Jury where Douglas Brim was formally indicted on charges of Aggravated Robbery and Aggravated Burglary.
• A police cruiser was nearly struck when a motorist veered out of his marked lane of travel. The motorist was stopped and found to have no drivers license due to a 12 point suspension. The vehicle was impounded and the driver arrested for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
• Police were called to Millersport High School where a student had assaulted another student. Police took an assault report and forwarded it to the Fairfield County Prosecutor's office for possible charges.
• Police were called to an residence on 9th Avenue regarding an intoxicated individual assaulting his family members. When police arrived, the suspect was arrested for Domestic Violence and Assault. The suspect resisted officers and was sprayed with OC chemical agent and taken to the Fairfield County Jail.