Millersport hires two new coaches
MILLERSPORT - Two new coaches were hired for next season Monday night at the Walnut Township Local Schools Board of Education meeting.
Rob Wiseman will be the new varsity football head coach. He played football at Millersport and is a graduate. Wiseman has been involved off and on in the football program for years.
District Treasurer Kirk Grandy is adding another responsibility. He will be the varsity boys basketball coach next season. Grandy has years of coaching experience at many levels. He will be serving as a volunteer.
Other supplemental contracts for coaching approved Monday night are:
• Kevin Keener - Cross County Coach;
• Thomas Howard - Head Girls Basketball;
• Mike Washburn - Junior High Football;
• Ken Hardy - Assistant Junior High Football;
• Holly Gibson - Head Volleyball;
• Abbey Hoover - Assistant Volleyball;
• Randy Willis - Junior High Volleyball;
• Julie Whetstone - Junior High Volleyball;
• Chip Schneider - Golf: • Ian Howard - Junior High Girls Basketball;
• Amanda Schneider - High School Football and Basketball Cheerleader Advisor;
• Tracey Tisdale - Junior High Cheerleading Advisor.
Julie Fisher and Liz Arnold were recognized for their service as volunteer volleyball coaches.
Jeff Stought will return as high school dean of students.
Board members also agreed to lend the band boosters $5,720 interest free for five years. The loan allows the boosters to buy new band uniforms and hats for a total of $10,720. The group is immediately contributing $5,000 and will continue fundraising efforts to repay the loan over the next five years.
Superintendent Ron Thornton announced that a local resident has contributed $10,000 toward the restrooms/concession stand project at the high school stadium. Another $5,000 is promised, if it is matched by $5,000 in new contributions.