Police activity reports
Compiled from selected police activity reports. We'll have more reports next week.
• April 17: A Lakeforesst Drive resident complained about barking dogs. Police spoke to the owner who put them in for the night.
• April 17: A motorist was cited for driving under suspension and OVI.
• April 18: Police recognized a man wanted on a warrant at the Duke station. Police contacted dispatch to confirm the warrant with Granville Police. The warrant was confirmed, but police were told that Granville didn't want him. Police then released the man. Granville Police later called to say that they did want him and that there was a communication mixup with the dispatch center. Police said he had left the area, but would keep an eye out for him.
• April 18: Police were called about noise behind the elementary school at 2:12 a.m. Police found five young adults playing on the playground equipment. They told police they were bored. Police told them they were trespassing and had to leave the property.
• April 18: Police were called to a North 6th Street address on a possible fight at 3:22 a.m. Police were told that it wasn't a fight. Police immediately recognized one of them as the man wanted on the Granville warrant. He was arrested and taken to jail.
• April 18: Police on patrol at 2:38 a.m. saw an open garage door on Lakeforest Drive. Police checked the area and contacted the owner who said he leaves the door open when his dog is out. He was advised it may be prudent to find another way of keeping the dog out.
• April 18: A Duke station manager reported an April 17 drive-off. The customer is a regular and the manager just wants him to pay for $50.78 in fuel.
• April 18: Police watched Ohio 79 at Enterprise Drive for a possible impaired driver. The described vehicle wasn't spotted.
• April 18: Police were dispatched again to watch for the same impaired driver, but this time on Canal Road. This time police saw the vehicle, complete with its special OVI plates. Police saw the vehicle go left of center on South High Street and stopped it. The driver had driving privileges, passed several field sobriety tests and didn't smell of alcohol. She was warned about travelling left of center. The driver said she was just tired. Police asked her to have someone come pick her up and drive her vehicle home since there had been two reports about her driving in the last two hours.
• March 26: Two men were fighting on Ohio 158 just north of I-70. The men were related and did not want to press charges.
• April 1: A residential burglary was reported on Community Drive.
• May 2: Police took an accident report taken at the Flying J Travel Center.
• May 5: A woman reported that her purse was stolen at the Village Tavern.
• May 9: Police took an accident report taken at the Flying J Travel Center.
• April 12 to May 8: Police issued 15 citations for excessive speed and six traffic warnings.
• April 28: Police conducted a follow up investigation on an armed robbery and burglary on Lynn Avenue that occurred in August 2007.
• May 1: Three new to Millersport police cruisers were placed in service.
• May 1: Police assisted the Fairfield County Sheriff's office with an an alarm drop on South Bank Road.
• May 5: Police assisted Millersport Medics on E. Park Drive.
• May 5: A motorist was cited for going 36 mph n a 20 mph school zone. The motorist was ordered into court.
• May 6: Police transported four juveniles from Millersport High School to a domestic violence shelter for their own protection at the request of court officers.
• May 7: A motorist was warned for traffic violations next to Toddler Park.
• May 7: A motorist was cited and ordered into court for going 42 mph in a 20 mph school zone.
• May 8: After a lengthy investigation of an armed robbery and burglary that occurred on Lynn Avenue on August 1, 2007, Chief Lewis, acting with the Fairfield County Prosecutor's Office, filed first degree felony charges of Aggravated Robbery and Aggravated Burglary, on Douglas M. Brim of 2552 East Park in Millersport. Chief Lewis, Lieutenant Wheeler and Patrolman Consolo placed Mr. Brim under arrest at his residence and transported him to the Fairfield County Jail. Mr. Brim is also a suspect in several other Millersport break-ins and burglaries occurring from 2007 to 2009.