Energy Cooperative Round Up program awards $26,000
NEWARK - The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. awarded $26,000 in February to the following community groups in our service area which includes Buckeye Lake.
• Knox County Head Start towards the purchase of eight computers, hardware and software.
• Tri-Valley Local School District towards the construction of a new community fitness center in the Village of Dresden.
• Fredricktown Recreation District towards the construction of dugouts for ball fields.
• Utica Jr. High towards the purchase of an embroidery machine, fabric, sewing supplies, digital camera and supplies for Linus Blanket project.
• Carol Strawn Center towards the purchase of dining/ activity room furniture, printer, desk, and office hand-truck for adult day care center.
• Licking Valley Intermediate Renaissance towards the purchase of rewards and teeshirts for students involved in Renaissance Program.
• City of Mount Vernon towards the purchase of early learning playground equipment for Riverside Park.
• East Knox Schools in cooperation with the Bladensburg Sertoma Club towards a walking path project.
• Interchurch Social Services of Knox County towards the purchase of wire shelving for pantry.
• Newborns in Need towards the purchase of materials for making blankets and clothing.
The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up is a community service program of its member/consumers. Members "round up" their utility bills to the next dollar and that amount is donated to groups in their nine county service area who meet the funding guidelines. All funds stay in the communities served by The Energy Cooperative.
For more information visit The Energy Cooperative's web site at: www.theenergycoop.com